Thread: Partition Magic makes Windows 7 unbootable and unrecoverable

Partition Magic makes Windows 7 unbootable and unrecoverable

Hello friends, I purchased a new dell inspiron and on it has preinstalled "Windows 7 Home Edition". After making use of the partition magic, windows drive letter modifies to X. It starts windows and can be into the recovery console, but unable to whatever thing. While I start from Windows 7 DVD, there are two partitation: conserve and windows partition, but 200 GB of 250 GB is absent. When the fresh windows start, "missing" 200 GB is showed in diskmanagement console. I activate this "200 GB partition. I got another error. The entire partition is disappeared and I can't install or format that drive. what is the trouble I doesn’t understand. Please help

Re: Partition Magic makes Windows 7 unbootable and unrecoverable

Try to perform this: initially you first boot the Windows 7 DVD, now on it click on to the install button. It will now show you the license Agreement, accept it. When the option allow a type of installation then click the custom button. Click the Drive option, it will now show you the option for deleting, extending or formatting a partition. Choose the suitable option and then click Next to carry on with the Installation. Hope this will help you.

Partition Magic is an older program or application and it is not well-matched with the NTFS version in either Windows 7 or else the windows Vista. Do not use it - you will harm your partitions. There are a number of free partition managers which are well-suited with Windows 7. GParted and EASEUS are most likely the well known but are not the only ones. Also you can make use of the Acronis, its quite simple to use.

Sequentially to sort out this problem, make use of the several below methods: Try an attempt to modify the lively Windows partition by starting your system to floppy disk and then make use of the disk utilities for physically changing the active partition. Now you should Boot the system using Microsoft Windows boot disk. After it copy the Ntldr file from Windows boot CD or DVD to root listing by means of Windows Recovery Console. utilize the Windows Disk Management Snap-in for rearranging unique boot partition as active and then restart your machine. We have to backup the files before applying some of the above repairs. If you do not backup files and a malfunction exists, file loss situations get occurred. The File Recovery Software make use of the higher scanning methods to systematically scan whole hard drive and take out all lost files. They allow you to carry out, Do It physically File Recovery as they have self-explanatory and graphical user interface.