Thread: Cannot start Server process after Windows 7 installation

Cannot start Server process after Windows 7 installation

I was using Windows Vista on my computer and that was running fine for one year. Now I have upgraded to Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. It was working fine till yesterday but suddenly all the things goes bad without any clear reason. I stuck into a loop and cannot get out of it.
    1. When I booted the system then for two minutes, it shows me "Waiting for Group Policy Client" as if windows boot normally then it takes less than one minute to boot.
    2. After entering the password it again takes 2 minutes by displaying the message "Please Wait for the User Profile Service..."
    3. Finally, I logged in but there are many things that are wrong with it. Like:

• There is no Aero. There is just essential gray Windows 2000-style GUI.
    • No networking.
    • There is a balloon message which contains many error messages.
    • Cannot open the control panel.
    • Event log is also not serviceable.

Please tell me that what can be the reason for this problem and how it can be solved. Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Cannot start Server process after Windows 7 installation

You can try to restore the system to some previous date to solve this problem. The best way to do this is to start the computer in safe mode. Reboot the computer and keep on pressing F8 key while it is loading the operating system to it. It will show you a new screen where you will see an option for safe mode. Select that option with the arrows in your keyboard. Press enter and this will start the computer in safe mode. Go to system tools and select system restore. Select any date when it was running properly. Click on restore. This will restore the computer to that point of date. After completion of the restore, it will reboot automatically and this time you have to start the computer in normal mode and I think that this time it will solve the problem for you.

You should check whether you are able to start the system in the safe mode. If you are able to do that then you can try to use the System file checker. SFC tool will scans all your system files as well as restores incorrect versions of the system files with the correct versions. You have to go to the steps below to run the System File Checker tool in safe mode.
    1. First of all click on Start button and in the search box type cmd.
    2. Now right click on the cmd from the Programs list and click on Run as administrator.
    3. You will be asked for administrator password it asks you that then you have to enter your password and hit enter.
    4. In the command prompt you have type following line and press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If you found that the System File Checker tool is not able to repair then you can follow the steps below to get it fixed.
    1. On the elevated command prompt you have to type the command below and press enter.
      takeown /f Path_And_File_Name
      For example, takeown /f E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll.
    2. Now type the command given below and press ENTER to give administrators full right to use to the file:
      icacls Path_And_File_Name /GRANT ADMINISTRATORS:F
      For example, icacls E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll /grant administrators:F.
    3. Enter this command to change the file by a recognized fine copy of the file:
      Copy Path_And_File_Name_Of_Source_File Path_And_File_Name_Of_Destination

Your operating system may be corrupted and that is why it is showing you the problems like this. So my suggestion to you is to repair the operating system. This may solve the problem for you. If that is not helping you to solve the problem then you can go for the clean installation of it. But this time you should use a different copy of the setup. Make sure that this is the last option if any other possible solution for this is not helping you.