Thread: Anything common to net send on windows 7?

Anything common to net send on windows 7?

I have recently installed the windows 7 operating system on my laptop on the Intel core2 duo processor. Initial I was using the windows XP when my system was connected to LAN I was using the “net set” command to send the messages. Now the thing here is that the same command is not working in windows 7 since it was meant only for windows XP. So is there is any other option available that will perform the same task as the net send did. If yes then please let me know.

Re: Anything common to net send on windows 7?

As per my knowledge windows 7 does not support the msg.exe and also the net send command to send message. I am using this operating system from last few months and never found any such command working on it. I hope that this information will be helpful for you know whether it works on it or not. Well any alternate for net send I am not really aware to it.

Yes it is possible to send messages on LAN though windows 7, in windows XP net send was used and it is replaced by msg.exe in windows 7. I am sure that using msg.exe will help you to solve the issue. The command is almost the same you have to just use “msg” instead of net send. I think this will help you to solve the confusion and also the will help you to send the messages

I am also facing the similar kinds of problem and getting an error message wile sending a message with the help of msg.exe. The thing here is that when I try to send the message it gives me an error message saying that -“Error [5]:Access is denied” . I don’t know why I am getting this error and also unable to solve it please help me to solve this issue.