Thread: DVD Drive stopped working after Windows 7 installation

DVD Drive stopped working after Windows 7 installation

I am having a laptop which was running fine under Windows XP. Recently I have switched to Windows 7 and from then I cannot see the DVD drive in my computer. Can you tell me that is it is the problem with the operating system or it is somehow related to the hardware on my system. Please provide the applicable solution for this. I will appreciate each suggestion. Thank you.

Re: DVD Drive stopped working after Windows 7 installation

If the driver which is installed in your computer for the DVD drive is corrupted then also you will get the problems like this. You should check the website of the laptop manufacture and check for the available driver for the model number that you are using. If the driver is available then you have to download all the drivers in your computer and start installing those, starting with the chipset/motherboard drivers and then remaining drivers. I wish that this will help you.

You can try the things that are listed below and see whether these help you or not?
    1. You should try by uninstalling the Mass Storage Controller and after that reboot the laptop.
    2. You can also try by uninstalling the IDE channel on which your DVD drive is working and then reboot the system.
    3. Try with uninstalling every IDE controllers and reboot Windows.

The effect of these procedures is that Windows locate the new device as well as join to Windows Update for installing

I think that you need to run the Windows 7 troubleshooter and I .am quite sure that this will solve the problem that you are facing with your DVD drive. If that not able to solve the problem for you then you can try to run the MS FIX. Click this hyperlink and this will let you to MS fix center. Select the option for Windows and choose the area of the problem. This can fix the issue.

There may be some problem with operating system that you have installed in your computer. If you have tried all the possible solution then you can go for the clean installation of the Windows 7 again. You should use a different copy of the setup this time. I am saying you this because it may be problem with the setup copy that you are using to install Windows 7.