Thread: Windows 7 upgrade freezes at 21% while installing

Windows 7 upgrade freezes at 21% while installing

I am trying to install the 32 bit Windows upgrade on my Dell Inspiron 531 machine. I have gone through all the compatibility for upgrading this machine but still something happens while installing this operating system on my machine and it gets stuck at 21% everytime. Can anybody tell me that what file it install at 21% due to which it might be getting stuck. Is there anybody aware of any such issue?

Re: Windows 7 upgrade freezes at 21% while installing

I have seen a similar problem on my laptop while Installing Windows 7. What I found which hat WAS WORKED for me is to install the same operating system with a different video card. Initially it took bit more time to start an installation but then it then took only about 5 minutes , I came across the same screen "Completing Installation" where my installation used to get stuck. Once Installation gets completed, I put my original video card after which It didn't showed me any problem. Give it a try !!

If I attempt installing a fresh install from Vista (clean install preliminary on the actual OS and thus ongoing the installation following restart - NOT UPGRADE) The installation suffer every steps as usual, with the exception of for the last one, "Completing installation". At this end the Installation Warns that will merely do not reboot to restart / reboot & the mouse arrow & the wallpaper stay there, further nothing happens. And if I am pressing "reset" button CPU, The installation rollback to "Completing Installation 'process and stays at the same point forever. The three "dots" moves to nothing. I guess it seems to be an issue with the CD itself!

I've struggled 5 times to install windows 7 upgrade onto my hp pavilion a6030n. The first failure caused my screen to turn zig-zaggy. Rolled back to vista and tried again. This time it passed the first two steps was and performing step 3, up to about 21%, when a message flashed that needs to reboot windows. Later than about 5 minutes, the computer performance a reboot, as an alternative of resuming the aim to install, my screen came back up at a bigger resolution & the install window bounced reverse to the initial installation window, as if it were about to start over again. Then I got the message saying that there was CD inserted in drive when machine got rebooted and that created a problem, as a result it was rolling rear to the earlier os. On the next attempt of installation, things to progress about the equivalent end, apart from that it looked as though it was going away to carry on an installation after it rebooted.