Thread: Windows 7 Home Premium running very slow and freezing up

Windows 7 Home Premium running very slow and freezing up

Hello friends, I am right now working with the Windows 7 Home Premium from around 6 month on to my Dell Laptop, which has run superfast until a few days ago when things unexpectedly distorted. I noticed it would "hibernate" and stop responding, in spite of the truth that I don't have the hibernation settings active. Then I observed that it is running outstandingly slow, each program and application hanging up. The CPU says it is running at 100% continuously, physical memory is somewhere stuck between 50 to 95% all the time. I've also observed that at present when the screen saver is triggered I get a message saying the folder is empty even though it isn't, and it freezes up. It is still freezing and running slowly. Please help

Re: Windows 7 Home Premium running very slow and freezing up

For starters I would execute msconfig.exe and shut down every startup aps and check if that assists you. Somewhat is overwhelming a lot of resources. If you unable to find the issue there then I would revisit to suspecting malware. Try a dissimilar virus scanner for example AVG Free or one on line by means of the internet. You may also do a control-alt-delete operation and bring up task manager and look at the lively processes running and see which one is overwhelming the machine. Turn it off and check what happens.

What you do is first go to the start menu, from it go to the run and then type msconfig and push enter. After it you go to the start up and disable as much programs as possible that you think are not required at start up. Now go on to the services and discontinue the back ground programs that you experience are overwhelming space. Now you remove the temporary files by going on to the start menu, in that go to the run and type %temp% and enter. You will get certain files and programs, select all of them and delete it .hope this will assist you. If still the problem occurs, go to the task manager and then to the services, processes and take a screen shot of the window and post that here and check what can be done.

I think that your antivirus such as the AVG and also the Super Antispyware could have a major role in this matter. Uninstalling antivirus and ending SAS from running and disabling its resident services would let you to check if they are component of this problem. For SAS end it from loading in your StartUp group and execute the AutoRuns above and view for the 5 resident functions it loads. 2 or 3 are well-known as SuperAntiSpyware and 2 or 3 are well-known as Super Ad Blocker. Uncheck all of those and restart the system and the machine is not affected by them. Hope this helps.