Thread: How to activate Windows 7

How to activate Windows 7

I am using the Windows 7 in my computer. Yesterday, I got a message from my system that I have to activate the Windows 7. I don’t have the activation key for it because I obtain the product without any charge as of a school download. If I click on my computer and select the properties then it tells me the days left to do the activation. This is at the bottom of the property Window.

So I attempted to activate my Windows 7 but I cannot enter the key. When I type in any other key then it do not let me to enter some letters as well as numbers for some cause. Whenever I attempt to type those numbers or letters then it gives me an error message which says "unacceptable character" and informs me to ensure the key over again. Like if I can type the character "D" but if I try to type the character "O", then it shows "unacceptable character" error message. I don’t have any idea that what is wrong with it. Please help me.

Re: How to activate Windows 7

Do you get the email confirmation from the Microsoft when you download that? You should check your email and if you have the email from then you must have the serial key in that. Try that key and your product will be activated. If you don’t have that then you have to go to your school again and obtain the key from them.

Initially I find the serial key from the website the school gives us for Windows 7 download. I went to the site previously to recover the key but it does not allowed me to login to the site since I had changed the departments.What I get from the help topics which is there in the Microsoft support pages that the key for activation is listed below properties of my computer and this is the right one which I have to type. But when I entered that also then it do not permit me to activate. I don’t have any idea that why this is happening to me. I have tried the other option for activating the product by entering in "slui" in search bar later than clicking on the start button and then selecting the "alternate activations" but as I entered in "slui" it immediately took me reverse to the similar "enter product key" part. So I am on the whole jammed there and cannot enter the activation key.

If you want to activate using the direct connection then you can do the following steps. I got this answer from Microsoft site and I am sure that this will work for you.
    1. First of all you have to open Windows Activation. To do that you have to click on the Start button and right click on my Computer. Select Properties option and then select Activate Windows now.
    2. If Windows gets an Internet connection then you have to click on the Activate Windows online now. If you are asked for an administrator password then enter the password.
    3. Enter the product key for Windows 7 when it prompts you and click on next. Now you just have to follow the onscreen instruction.

You can also activate this by using the modem. Go through the steps below and you will be able to do this.
    1. Click on the start button and open Windows Activation. Right click on computer and select properties. Select Activate Windows now.
    2. Click on Show me other ways to activate.
    3. Now you have to type the activation key and click on next.
    4. Click on use my modem for connecting unswervingly to activation service. If you are asked for the administrator password then enter the password
    5. Click on the location closest to you from drop-down list and click on next. Now follow the instructions.