Hi, I installed Windows Professional x64 7 on my notebook, and after installing I found myself with a mini partition of 100 MB, and the hidden system partition on which I installed the operating system. I searched the internet for information on the above mini partition and I found that it is a recovery environment. Now I would like to eliminate it and, since after the installation and configuration of the various programs, I also made a backup of one system partition using Windows PE 2.0, I thought of the following steps to delete that partition of 100 MB:
- I put the CD boot Windows PE.
- Start DiskPart, delete all partitions and recreate, making sure to create a primary for Windows 7.
- Format the partition to be allocated to Windows 7.
- ImageX restoring it to launch the contents of the backup partition.
- I insert the installation DVD of Windows 7 and I start the repair tool startup. This procedure work? Or is it better to reinstall everything?
Also I wonder: what changes in the content of the operating system partition in both cases "the presence of the partition to 100 MB" and "absence of the partition to 100 MB? I mean what changes in terms of content that is copied from ImageX when I make up the system partition.