Thread: Unable to rename label "local disk"

Unable to rename label "local disk"

My little problem is with XP I had the system disk C with Windows and other hard three store with name like Archive, Games & Photos. Now I formatted and installed windos 7 on the C drive I have this problem: Windows Explorer has been one of the disks with the original name the others are now anonymous "Local Disk" when I try to rename them do not accept any change, the beautiful that the same management explorer under Disk Management I see the names I'd put it. Is there a solution?

Re: Unable to rename label "local disk"

Also facing it and in this rom the command prompt if I label, shows me the name I put, if I reinsert it to me and accept me without error displays. The problem only exists with Windows Explorer. As I said also by computer - management - storage disk management I see the right names, I also tried an alternative file manager like Total Commander and see the label correctly. Another strange thing, after installing 7 on the main disk and installed it I reconnected the other disks that I had previously removed: 3 inside (2 SATA and 1 IDE) and 2 external USB, of these 5, one internal and one external USB SATA have taken up the label! So please help me.

I partitioned my hard drive under linux (ubuntu) to be able to put my music, my anime ... etc. I'd like to rename my two hard drives in style (music video) only when I rename the workstation I get an error that tells me that I cannot rename: "Unable to rename the element. So related to this if you have any kind of suggestion then please share this over here. I am eagerly waiting for this.

You want to do what exactly? They are normally called "hdXY" or "sdXY" h for the IDE s for SATA, X to the device number and Y the partition number. That thing you cannot escape it. By cons, for units other than those mounted in "/" and "/ home", nothing prevents you from mounting them for example in folder on the desktop. Post the output of "cat / etc / fstab", that one knows a little about your current configuration. I am sure this will help you.