Thread: Windiws 7: Crashes on Resume from Sleep

Windiws 7: Crashes on Resume from Sleep

Hello friends, I am using Windows 7 Ultimate, and roughly whenever the computer goes to sleep after a recording by means of Media Center it crashes on continue from sleep. When logging into Windows it comes up with the message that 'Windows has recovered from a serious error', it is linked to a Blue Screen occasion. I've not been able to interpret the dump files - rather than the xml version which seems to give very little information. I have wiped the computer and reinstalled Windows 7, detached the graphic card, IR sensor, second hard disk, but it seems to be still happens. Not sure what to try next. Please help

Re: Windiws 7: Crashes on Resume from Sleep

I would recommend you to put the computer system into the Clean boot state and check if the problem is created by any of the third party applications snooping with the normal application of the computer. To carry out a clean boot on a computer that is running Windows 7, follow these steps. 1. First you click to the Start button and from that go to the search box and type msconfig, and then press ENTER 2. After performing it go to the General tab, and in that click Selective Startup. 3 beneath Selective Startup, you should first click to clear the Load Startup Items check box. 4. In that click the Services tab, tick to choose the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then tick Disable All. 5. Lastly Click OK. After it restart the system.

The Stop Error that you are getting may point out a difficulty with the hard drive. I would recommend you to run a chkdsk /r on to the drive. Running a chkdsk /r has the possibility to obtain a extensive time and you may desire to back-up any serious data beforehand as a general precaution. Also you should have to check the Event Viewer for any of the errors that is matched to the hard disk.

You are constantly getting a KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR. It is due to the irregularity of the error the trouble may be driver connected. What you do is first go to the Start option from that go to the run and typemsinfo32 into the "Search programs and files" box and push "Enter" > File, then Save it as an .nfo file. Then make the resulting .nfo file accessible.