Thread: Windows 7: Windows Search Service is not running

Windows 7: Windows Search Service is not running

Hello friends, I am running Windows 7 operating system with the 64 Bit. Whenever I try to search I am impelled a message to turn on indexing, and I does it. For the reason that this is a reoccurring event I examined more in the indexing options. Indexing options says "indexing is not running" and simply permits me to go into advanced options. Automatic trouble shooting further displays me the error message that the Windows search service not running and it has been not fixed. I have checked the services and attempted to power start this service and get "Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified". Can somebody assist me with this service?

Re: Windows 7: Windows Search Service is not running

Have you confirmed the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WSearch
    at that registry key in the right window, what is the "Value data" for Image Path. Is it the following?:
    %systemroot%\system32\SearchIndexer.exe /Embedding
    Also In Start Search type services.msc from the start button on the taskbar view for Windows Search service. Then on to that Right Click and select the Properties options. In that Startup Type, click Change to Automatic (Delayed) or Automatic.

Also to view the Program Data folder you will encompass to "show hidden files and folders": for that first click to the Start, form that go to the computers, select Organize, click to the Folder and from the Search options > View > then select "Show hidden files and folders" under "Files and folders" and then lastly click OK

I was also having the similar kind of the problem but now i resolved this problem. what you do is first you goto the control panel by initially clicking to the Start button on the task bar. Then open up programs then open up turn windows features on or off. If indexing service is checked then you should have to uncheck it. That's it, after performing this steps restart the system and check whether it solves your problem.