Thread: System turns off automatically within 3- 4 seconds after installing Gigabyte EX58 UD3R Motherboard

System turns off automatically within 3- 4 seconds after installing Gigabyte EX58 UD3R Motherboard

I have got a very weird failure after installing a new GiagabyteEX58 UD3R motherboard . The rest of the devices are new as well . I have got a new power supply of Corsair 650W, core i7 processor and a stock cooler on the processor 2.66 GHz, 3 crucial 2 gig sticks. Stock cooler on the i7. After powering on the speaker produces a click sound (the sound it might make if you just applied a DC voltage to it), all LED's in the CPU tower are steady , but do not know what suddenly happens , it turns off and again turns on without even any intervention, this happens in the interval of 3-4 seconds, please help me I will be very thankful.

Re: System turns off automatically within 3- 4 seconds after installing Gigabyte EX58 UD3R Motherboard

You are stuck in a unknown territory - not enough detail yet to have developed a comparative stability guess what is actually wrong in: BIOS reset might assist you in this case , which can be followed by a 'load optimized defaults'; also, make a note of the situation to disabling legacy usb support - this is called as 'reboot loop' problem on some motherboard even without plugging anything in the USB port .

Re: System turns off automatically within 3- 4 seconds after installing Gigabyte EX58 UD3R Motherboard

I don not understand why it is not booting, but the 3-4 seconds of fan spin before booting the system is not abnormal, it normally happens like that My i7 setup does that. It seems like the BIOS is no t initializing. Did you try to clear the CMOS? For that you can take the CMOS battery for a minute or two . So this way you can get your issue resolved.

Well, first of all I will ask you to do a BIOS update , but I do not think that just changing the BIOS will give you the resolution, I asked you to do it just in case it was required, so I told you the prerequisite step first. But most probably it is the issue with the motherboard itself . I too have heard a lot of complain from the Gigabyte product users. Just try to run a memory test, if you are fortunate it might work.