Thread: System will not startup : Diagnostic LEDs are on

System will not startup : Diagnostic LEDs are on

I have got a desktop system that has an Asus A7V266 motherboard . I do not exactly know what sort of processor is in it . I am not that much technical sort of guy so I handed over it to my friend .One of my friend told me that computer was working just well before but now it is not starting up .But I am not actually able to isolate it and neither is my friend , so I am asking for your help. Please help me in solving this issue PS: I use Windows 7 operating system.
    Last edited by "Dritan"; 16-12-2010 at 06:10 AM.

Re: System will not startup : Diagnostic LEDs are on

Well it really seems that you do not belong to any technical field because in your question, you have mentioned only that your system does not perform startup. Giving that much information is will not be sufficient to isolate your issue and diagnose what exactly is causing and preventing the system to have a clean startup . If you say that your system does not power on you will have to replace the power supply .

Well I will help you to diagnose your issue and help you to reach the core part. Well first of all turn of the system and turn it on again and check the power light of the system that is , see whether can you see the power light on it, if you can see tell me whether the lights are steady or are blinking , if there are steady then then the issue is not that much serious as the system is completing the power on self test.

You can also check it by listening to the beep codes , if you listen to the beep codes then the POST is complete, then there is no question of power and POST issues, then it is some of the software is which is preventing the operating system from getting started, but the POST test fails, there might be some hard ware issue such as the RAM chip is not seated properly on the motherboard , or it can also happen when the boot sector in the hard drive gets corrupted, this is normally known as MBR or master boot record.