Thread: Getting error: "Access is denied. Error Code-0x8078014B" while taking backup

Getting error: "Access is denied. Error Code-0x8078014B" while taking backup

I am using windows 7 operating system and that too on a Intel core i3 processor and also have set a scheduled backup on a external hard drive. And the thing here is that now some how i am not able to take backup on the same drive. Actually whenever I try do take the backup then it it gives me an error message saying that "Access is denied. Error Code-0x8078014B" . I really don't know what this error is all about and also unable to solve it. Can anyone help me out of this one.

Re: Getting error: "Access is denied. Error Code-0x8078014B" while taking backup

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that the path that you have set for the external hard drive is lost on every backup and that is why the system is failed to detect the location. And if this is case then you can just keep the hard drive connected to the system forever. Actually the external hard drive is been removed frequently and that is why the path is lost and if you really want to recover the same then you have to keep the external hard drive connected to the system.

Re: Getting error: "Access is denied. Error Code-0x8078014B" while taking backup

Well you can use any software that will allow taking the backup without error. I am sure that the software will not let you down since such software are specially designed for the backup utility only. You will get such software over internet so download the software on the system and then just install the same. I am sure that with the help of the software you will be able to solve the issue.

Why are trying to take the backup on the external hard drive it is possible on the same system also. And if memory is the issue then you can’ help it. In this case it seems to me that the external hard drive that you are using is giving you this issue. So what you have to do in this case is just format the external drive. Which will fix the issue by removing all the data and the making it as fresh as it was earlier. Now connect the hard disk again and see whether the problem appeared again or not.

I was also facing the similar kind problem few days back and I can understand what you must be feeling right now. But one thing that helped me is disabling the Microsoft security essentials it worked for me and I guess it will work for you also. Have you ever tried this thing and if not then just try it. It will definitely help you to solve the issue faced by you. And if you are trying to disable the security essentials then always keep one thing in mind to turn on the antivirus.