Thread: Windows 7: computer shuts down while watching videos online

Windows 7: computer shuts down while watching videos online

Hello friends, I had currently being installed windows 7 from Windows Vista into my Toshiba laptop and after that whenever I watch videos online it turns off the system by itself with no any warning and when I turn it on another time the internet connections are mislaid and I require it to turn it on manually by opening it in the device manager what should I do? I have stopped using Internet Explorer 8 and changed to Firefox to attempt and resolve the difficulty, but it still occurs. I have un-installed and re-installed both adobe flash player and Move Media Player. Do I need to reinstall windows 7?

Re: Windows 7: computer shuts down while watching videos online

You might troubleshoot the problem by putting the machine into the clean boot state. By Putting your computer in clean boot state helps in verifying if any third party programs or startup items are creating the problem. If yes, you might go forward and disable or uninstall the same. Follow the below steps to set your computer in clean boot state: 1. you should have to Log on to the computer system by via a user account that have full administrator authority. 2. Go to the Start button, after that Start Search box and then type msconfig.exe, and then hit ENTER to begin the System Configuration Utility. 3. Go to the tab onto the General, in that tick discriminating Startup, and then tick to clear the Load startup items box. 4. Now on the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tick Disable all. 5. Click OK, and then click Restart.The over steps would place the computer into the clean boot position. Now you try watching the DVDs and streaming online videos and ensure if the computer continues to shut down.

After you perform the clean boot better you should try to do the troubleshoot to a problem. After you have completed troubleshooting, then try to perform the steps to reset the computer to start as usual: 1. initially you click onto the Start button, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. 2. Now from the General tab, click on to the Normal Startup alternative, and then click OK. 3. When you are provoked to restart the computer, click Restart.

Do the full scan of your computer through the windows support and get a free computer safety scan and remove all terrible things. Then restart your computer, and try the windows support again and notice if it is crashing or not? IF it is still stop working then it might be trouble with your resource that it may require more memory and then because of low memory it will stop working. Also during visiting website try to disable and disconnect everything else (such as Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Skype, Download Manager).