Thread: Taskhost.exe is gaining 50% of CPU usage

Taskhost.exe is gaining 50% of CPU usage

Hi friends, all of a sudden my laptop fans start running loudly, which catch the attention of me to notice that Task Manager, unexpectedly taskhost.exe which is beneath the user name "LOCAL SERVICE" is captivating up incessantly 50% of my CPU power. This doesn't occur continually, just an unintentional irregular occasion. The share of 50% will then no fall down until I do a system restart. Obviously windows shouldn't be performing this. Can somebody give any help? I've also run a complete system virus scan and unable to detect any virus there. How can i permanently stop the process ? Will deleting this application make my computer unstable? I'm running Windows 7, 64bit.

Re: Taskhost.exe is gaining 50% of CPU usage

The most of the errors are experienced with taskhost.exe are created by the corrupted DLL files or a false malware masked around your system beneath the taskhost.exe name. In moreover cases you’ll require to track down the awful DLL or malware and replace or remove it. If you are getting the taskhost.exe problems while executing definite programs such as video editing software, games, etc. then it is probable that the tainted DLL is linked to one of your hardware drivers for moreover your Video or Sound device. In previous version of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 taskhost.exe creates a delay throughout shutdown. Microsoft has now from the time when patched the problem and it shouldn’t be disturbing anyone unless they have declined to install Windows Updates.

Have a closer View on CPU utilization and other performance information. Make use of the Performance tab from the Task Manager to view how your computer's CPU is being used by Windows and additional programs running onto your system. 1) You first open the Task Manager by right-clicking the taskbar, and then clicking Start Task Manager. 2) In that select and click the Performance tab. The topmost two graphs display how greatly CPU is being used, together at the instant and for the past little minutes. If the CPU Usage History graph occurs split then your computer either has multiple CPUs, a single dual-core CPU, or both. A high or more percentage means that the programs or processes that are running need a many of the CPU resources, which can slow your computer. If the percentage becomes unmoving at or near 100%, then a program might not be responding.

Tools that must help you: Process Explorer, it is free of cost that locate out what files, registry keys and other objects processes have open, which DLLs they have loaded, and other. This distinctively influential utility will even display you who own each process. The other is WhatsInStartUP, This utility shows the listing of the entire applications that are loaded automatically when Windows starts up. For every application, the subsequent information is displayed: Startup Type (Registry/Startup Folder), Command -Line String, Product Name, File Version, Company Name, Location in the Registry or file system, and other. It allows you to simply disable or delete unnecessary programs that runs in your Windows startup.