Thread: Windows 7: Shut Down Button Disappeared

Windows 7: Shut Down Button Disappeared

Hello friends, I had installed Windows 7 on to my system. I had the big problem that my shut down button is being disappeared. As I am new to this operating system I am unable have the clue from where to start. I have not been tried anything to fix this major issue. It is been quite difficult for me to shut down the system with it. I usually shut down with the help of the task manager. Please help me what can i do now to fix this irritating problem.

Re: Windows 7: Shut Down Button Disappeared

You may try to perform these steps: 1. initially you first click onto the start button. 2. Go to the search windows and type gpedit.msc and then press enter.3. Go to User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar. 4. take care that the option "Remove and prevent access to the Shut Down, Sleep and hibernate Commands" is either set to Not Configured or Disabled. 5. Close Group Policy editor window. Hope this information is helpful for you. Let us know what happens!

Re-Enable Hibernate Option buttons in to the Windows: 1) click to the Start button, go to the command prompt through the accessories. 2) Right click on to the icon and select the option “Run as Administrator”. 3) Type “powercfg.exe /hibernate on” and then click on to the enter button and then type “powercfg -h on” and click enter. 4) After that click on to the Control Panel and then type in “Hibernate” in the Search. 5) Then press on to the “Turn hibernation on or off”, and after that tick “Change advance power settings”. 6) Scroll to and enlarge the “Sleep” option. 7) Choose “Off” to the “Allow hybrid sleep” alternative. 8) Now Scroll to and enlarge the “Power buttons and lid” choice. 9) Choose “Hibernate” for the “Sleep button action” option. 10) Select “Hibernate” for the “Start menu power button” option. Try to do it, hope it works.

Do you have performed the system restore? Try to do it might system restore will works for you. Also what’s the effect on the other user account? In case you’ve not checked within a different user account, I would recommend you to make a test account and verify whether you experience all these behaviors in the other account also. This will help in determining if the problem is user account specific or is system related. Once we locate out the root cause, we’ll be able to help you better. Or Try to install the fresh Windows, it might help you.