Thread: Invalid CMOS and flash error in the system having ASrock motherboard

Invalid CMOS and flash error in the system having ASrock motherboard

I have got a desktop system . I am using Windows 7 operating system, my processor is quite new , it is intel core 2 duo . Since a few days I am not happy with my system. I am getting some error when I switch on my system1394 GUID are invalid in the CMOS and flash as well . I have to press F1 to get rid of it . The error displays and at that instant my on-board ethernet port too stopped working, I had to buy a new PCI nic. If anybody has any sort of issue similar to this and has resolved it then please let me know.

Re: Invalid CMOS and flash error in the system having ASrock motherboard

Have you tried disabling any of the new setting been made , you can do if you do not need those , check if you have any You can disable firewire 1394 if you want and you can also disable a few more options such as motherboard options if they are not required . In my case I did not require either But I am not sure about this solution.

I downloaded the tool which is related to some machine address but it is demanding a code in some hexadecimal number . The motherboard in my system is the ASRock K10N780SLIX3-WiFi. I located a tag on the plug of the ethernet port with a big number that has 8CM0X and has a few numbers more after that. The tool will not allow you to type the alphabets "M" or the "X", because these consonants are not hexadecimal code digits if I am not wrong right its is asking 6 groups of 2 numbers in each and every group, 12 total. I have 12 but do not know is it with M or X and I do not even know how to convert to the hexadecimal code also. So please hlp me with a concrete resolution.

I was facing the same issue , I was told that there is some issue and was showing some invalid flash and CMOS battery , My motherboard was from the ASRock . Then I called the support of the ASRock mother board. Since my motherboard was running under warranty , they were ready to render me the service , so they helped me with a coded piece of software and also sent me a picture along with a Readme file. It was resolved my issue.