Thread: Unable to repair corrupted files on windows 7

Unable to repair corrupted files on windows 7

I am having a Dell Vostro laptop and using it from last few months recently I have installed windows 7 on it and everything was going well. But yesterday I got an unusual error on my system and the restarted automatically. The error message was saying that FXSCOVER.EXE and AUTOCHK.EXE files are corrupted. Now I don't know how these files got corrupted and really don't know they are related to which program of the system. Please help me to solve this issue and also let me know how I can repair these files.

Re: Unable to repair corrupted files on windows 7

Well I think the only thing that will help you in this case is just the SFC /scannow. This is the program that you have to run on the command prompt. What you have to do in this case is open the command prompt and run SFC /scannow command. After that system will start the scan instantly and it will take a few minutes to scan the system and also it will repair the corrupted files if any. I am sure that it will work.

I think I can help you in this case what you have to do is first remove the Chkdsk.exe or the Autochk.exe programs which are running. And to do that just click on the start and then select all programs and then accessories in that you will find system tools and then just click on scheduled tasks. Then you will find the list in that delete the tasks related to Chkdsk or Autochk. I am sure that after deleting this file you will never get this issue of system rebooting

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you have to you have to do system restore, because it happens if the system fails to cope with some of the program then it tends to behave in an unusual way and also starts to give you the unwanted errors. System restore will restore all the stetting again and then you will get a fresh platform to deal with.

I am also having the system problem and unable to fix it even system restore didn’t work for me. Actually when I did the system restore a message prompted saying that I need to run chkdsk first. I don’t know why it saying me to do that please some one assist me and help me to solve the issue .It has frustrated me lot since i have tried many ways to fix it but failed to do the same.