Thread: System will not POST after installing a B grade IP35 Pro

System will not POST after installing a B grade IP35 Pro

I have got a desktop system . I am using Windows xp operating system, my processor is Intel pentium IV processor . Since a few days I was facing a sort of issues with the system and later on I discovered that the motherboard of my system was faulty. My motherboard was giving issues , so I replaced it with a B grade IP35 Pro mother board. But after installing it the headache was much more increased , my system does not perform the power on self test , so does anyone of you people have solution to this sort of issue , please tell me I am eagerly waiting for the response, please give me some valuable suggestions as I cannot afford to buy a new motherboard right now.

Re: System will not POST after installing a B grade IP35 Pro

Well if you ask me about this issue, you system is not passing a test called as power on self test, it is in short called as POST. Each and every system has to pass this this test and i f this test is failed it means there is some issue with the system and the BIOS , which is a firmware does not allow the computer to reach to the operating system, this type of issue may be solved even by few small hardware changes or sometime also leads to operating system re installation.

Almost all system run a series of indicative tests called a "Power On Self Test" or in short called as POST when they start up. These ensure everything from the motherboard is fine to the keyboard. Only after POST is cleared does the computer attempt to initiate the operating system. When the POST is productively finished, the computer beeps once.

If the system produces the beep sound is heard more than once, or if the system it does not beep at all, it means it unsuccessful with the POST test and does not reach the operating system. That shows an issue with the hardware, or sometime with the BIOS — a small program burned into a ROM chip that controls the most basic interface with the hardware. The BIOS is the program that is responsible to run the POST test If the system has started without any issue before, it is a good symptom and I am quite sure that your issue is in the hardware.

This problem is caused due to several reasons, but of which some common reasons are

1. A New hardware been installed conflicts with old one.
    2. Bad or faulty hardware device connected to the system.
    3. Some internal loose connections .
    4. Some recent natural calamity such as thunderstorm or lightning that damaged some internal part .
    5. Other hardware problem.