Thread: Excel 2007 does not create a jump list om Windows 7

Excel 2007 does not create a jump list om Windows 7

Hi I have recently updated the operating system form Windows XP to windows 7. Everything is going fine here but the only thing that is worrying me here is that I am not able to create the jump list whenever I open Excel 2007. The thing here is that when I open number of excel files the jump list is not bring created I don’t know why this is happening. But Microsoft word and others are doing well and the jump list is also being created automatically created. Please help me in this case.

Re: Excel 2007 does not create a jump list om Windows 7

It is strange that you are able to view the jump list in the start menu for the word files but the same is not being cone with the excel file. I am able to do the same thing and that too with excel also. But in this case you can solve the issue related with Excel by just doing the system restore. I am sure that it will help you solve the issue.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that I can help you in this case. What you have to do here is that just go through the file association of excel and then you have to set the same if needed. I hope that arranging or sorting the file accordingly will help you to get rid of the problem. And I hope that it will work to because it was happened with me also and fixed the issue in the same way.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem a few days and I think you are also going through the same phase. And if you want to solve this issue then just follow the below steps the steps will let you to select a particular program to open same kind of file and it may happen that the files may re-associate the
    • files and that will help you to create the jumplist:
    • First of all right click on the particular program and then you have to select the open with option.
    • After that you have to select the “select program from a list” and then click OK
    • Select the program that you want you to associate with it.
    • After that you have to select the “Always use the selected program to open this kind of file” and click on the check box.
    • After that click OK

If you will ask me than I will suggest you go with the SFC scan on your computer and that too with the help of command prompt. And to accomplish this task you have to just open the command prompt and that to by clicking on the start button and then selecting the all programs in that just select the Accessories and then just select the command prompt and right click on it make it run. After that you have just type the following code on the sfc /scannow and then press enter. Immediately a system scan will begin and will search for the corrupted files and will repair the same. I guess this will help you solve the issue permanently.