Thread: HD Audio manager is non-functional

HD Audio manager is non-functional

Friends, I have recently updated the Realtek driver. I did this from the motherboard manufacturer's website. After completing the update when I checked the HD Audio manager then I found it non-functional to a great extends. If I plug in any speaker or headphone to it then it recognizes that properly but I am not able to change any options after that. I am also not able to select the type of the speaker setup from the speakers tab. I cannot get the volume from the speakers and when I checked the Sounds from the Control panel then it says me that speakers are plugged in.

Re: HD Audio manager is non-functional

I think that the audio driver in your system is not working properly. If any of the file from your audio driver is missing or corrupted, then it can create problems like this. You should uninstall the driver that is installed in your computer and reboot your computer. This will automatically start to install the driver and if it does not start then you can install that manually. If reinstalling do not solves problem for you then you can search for the latest driver on the manufacturer site. Download and install that and it can solve the problem that you are facing.

It can be the problem with the chipset. It plays very important role in audio processing. You should confirm that the chipsets are installed properly. There is one other possibility that the connection to the speakers jack and the audio card is not proper and so you are not getting the sound. Check for that connection and ensure that it is connected properly and to the right jack. You can check this by connecting it to any other computer if possible.

Earlier, I was also having the same problem with my speakers and was not able to get the sound from it. But somehow I managed to fix that issue. In my case the RT audio manager was junk. I went to control panel and deleted that. Kept the driver just get free of the manager. After that, all the things worked fine for me. Problem was that Windows and the RT audio manager, both were trying to control that. You can also do this and I am quite sure that this will do the same for you.

You should try by uninstalling the RT manager from your computer. If the RT manager that is installed in your computer is corrupted then it will create problem for the audio output. So uninstall and install the RT manager again to see whether it is able to solve the problem or not. I have seen many of the cases like this where reinstalling the RT manager solves the problem. It should do the same for you also.

Your operating system may not be working properly and that is why you are getting the problems like this. You have to repair the system. To do that when you boot from the XP Cd then it will shoe you one option to repair while installation process. You have to press key “R” and after that it will do the rest of the things on itself. If that is also not able to solve that then you have can do the clean install of it. But do this if nothing helps you. This should be your last choice.