Thread: Windows Vista not working

Windows Vista not working

Friends, I am using a dell laptop from last 4 months. It was running Windows XP on it and was not having any problem with that. About 15 days back, I have installed the Windows Vista on it. It was also running fine till yesterday. But ,from today, I am experiencing some problems with that. It keeps on giving me pop ups with different-different error messages on it. Some of the times, I cannot get the login screen and I have to reboot the system to get that back. Please tell me that what is the problem with that and how can it be solved.

Re: Windows Vista not working

As you told that it was running fine for about 15 days. So think that you need to do the system restore and this will solve the problem for you. There is a utility called system restore in the system tools. Just open that and select any date when it was running fine. Click on restore button. Now you don’t have to do anything and your system will be restored at that point of time. After completion of the restore process, it will restart your computer. This will set all the settings to the value where it was on that day. This will solve the problem for you.

Have you installed any antivirus software on your system? I am asking this to you because it may be due to virus attack on your computer. If you have not installed any then install a good one and scan the entire system with that. Before scanning you should make sure that your antivirus is updated. If it is updated then only it will detect all the threads from your computer. Clean all the detected files and if it is not able to clean that then you can delete that file but before deleting that you should check that it should not be a system file.

There may be some of the operating system files are corrupted and that is creating such problems for you. If you want to fix that then you should do a repair to your computer. Insert the OS CD and when it prompts for the type of the reinstallation then you have to select repair. This will scan all the system files and if it found any file that is corrupted then it will replace that with another. After completion it will boot the computer and may resolve all the issues that you are facing. If that is also not helping you then the only option left for you is to do a clean install of OS. But make sure that it is the last option and you have tried all the other possible solution to fix that.

It will be easier for us to handle with the problem if you post the error messages to us.
    Another question is: what's the size of your RAM? Is it more than 3GB?
    YouTube