Thread: Troubleshooting "0x800ccc0f" error

Troubleshooting "0x800ccc0f" error

With the help of internet you can download movies, songs, play online games etc. I wanted to send mail to my friend. I was having an email account in the Gmail. So I entered the login information and composed a mail. I also attached some of the documents and then clicked on sent button to send the mail. After I clicked on the send message I am getting “0x800cccof” error code and the message sending failed. I need a solution through which I can troubleshoot this error code and send the mail.

Re: Troubleshooting "0x800ccc0f" error

If you are getting 0x800cccof error then you can easily resolve it. You should disable third party firewall application if installed on your system. The firewall is used for blocking the internet traffic from entering into the system. If the third party firewall is installed then it may be blocking the connection. If the connection is blocked and you are sending mail then you may get 0x800cccof error message.

You may also receive 0x800cccof error code message because you are not connected to the internet. The steps to troubleshoot 0x800cccof error are given below:
    1. You need to start the internet explorer by double clicking on it.
    2. In the address bar you need to type http://www.microsoft.com and press the enter key.
    3. Now you need compose a message and send it to yourself without receiving and error message.
    4. If the message has been successfully received without any error code then you are connected to the internet.

You might get 0x800cccof error code when you are sending any mail and your message sending may fail. This error message may also terminate your connection. If you are getting this error message then you can troubleshoot this problem very easily. You can solve this error message by checking the internet settings. You can also change the internet explorer settings and the error will be resolved. You might be getting the error message because your connections are not proper. You must ensure that all the connections to PC, modems etc are proper.

In order to troubleshoot the 0x800cccof error message you need to verify your account settings. The steps to verify account settings are given below:
    • You need to click on start button and select run window.
    • In the run window you need to type “control panel” and hit the enter key.
    • Double click on the mail icon under control panel window and the mail setup dialog box will open.
    • You need to select when starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile under General tab. Click on the prompt and then click on the add button.
    • You need to type the name that you want to use for the new email profile and then click on ok button.
    • You need to select Add a new e-mail account and the click on add button under E-mail Accounts dialog box.
    • Select the appropriate server type and then click on next button to proceed further.
    • Enter account information and click on next button.
    • Click on finish and then click on ok button.

If you are getting the 0x800cccof error message then there might be problem in the windows registry. You need to download and install “Registry Defense” software which is a freeware utility for fixing unwanted bugs in the entries. You can also make use of windows registry optimizer tool which will optimize your system and fix the unwanted entries that may cause 0x800cccof error.