Thread: Help with driver's battery in Linux Mint which is based on Ubuntu

Help with driver's battery in Linux Mint which is based on Ubuntu

Hi, I have installed Linux Mint 9 netbook ACER ASPIRE ONE 532-H2661 my graphical environment is KDE 4.5. I have a problem with the driver’s battery, it does not recognize, for Acknowledge that I have to connect a second power cable and it shows me the percentage of charge, the problem the battery appears to be absent, and do not know how much is left unless you install it and it appears the percentage is, I have circulated installing linux netbooks other friends, I put ubuntu with this and they do not have these problems with the battery? If is there any driver which can fix this issue then please tell me as soon as it is possible.

Re: Help with driver's battery in Linux Mint which is based on Ubuntu

Ubuntu like any operating system has built-in drivers. It is likely that the driver of the battery in your friend has just built, but the driver of your battery. This is why you do not recognize it. What you should do is find the appropriate driver for ubuntu and install it, and there you will be able to solve your problem. Hope that helps friend. You just try this once I am sure that it will work.

The driver, so you can find on the site of the manufacturer of the battery. Find the exact model of it, enters the manufacturer's site and download it there (do not think it says OS Ubuntu Linux OS, download this). To know that you can check the battery in your computer manual or using ultimate edition, which tells you the hardware in your PC? Anything ask again and I hope I've helped a little.. Greetings!

As if I have used Everest windows? I have used that battery, plus only provides drivers for Windows but surprisingly, better try to raise my question, there is some drivers are which can get some repository where the driver comes or you can say that there it will get updated, so again to put Linux UAJ ale chic in an almost identical to mine in make and model (almost) and has no problem with the battery and the driver.

Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu and I changed some functions do not know if there would have the problem and apart from that, I installed the KDE environment? I've seen ACER ASPIRE ONE with Linux but do not report these problems as saying. If you do not mind, I would advise you to install from scratch but Linux Mint is the latest version 10 without altering anything. If your battery runs smoothly, then there'd know who may be interfering is the KDE environment you put it. Please note that you got a Netbook and is a team that if you want good performance, you cannot force in putting environments such as KDE. You could also try Ubuntu Netbook Edition.