Thread: Problem in re-installing windows vista/xp

Problem in re-installing windows vista/xp

In the morning at the time when I was accessing my net at that I was experiencing a king of issue in this it was like internet connection problems, low connection, no connection, server busy etc. So I think it is happening because of the virus issue so I have scanned my system through antivirus so at that time I have not find any kind of virus in this. So I have figured that it is due to the Vista yet again being temperamental. So I have decided to just re install vista and clean my computer out. I did not format the Operating System primary before re installing vista. So in this I just got the last stage at the time of installation then the computer just hangs, switches to a black screen and shows the pointer. So I have tried this procedure one more time so at that time same black screen, and again, and again, and once more. So please help me what to do?

Re: Problem in re-installing windows vista/xp

I am also facing this and in this when I tried this in to safe mode then it freezes whilst loading windows files, tried normal boot. Tried a recovery download, did not work all operations presently stop and its dead end. And in last I think I have to install XP may be it fix the issue. So I try to install the xp and after that try to upgrade it by utilizing the vista installation disk to vista. But this also does not work in my case. So if anybody has solution for this issue then please inform me as soon as it sis possible.

I think it is happening because HDD causing issue in this. So it is probably a virus somewhere in your boot sector. Actually I do not know that what kind of issue is antivirus recently you are using. But I would boot the machine back into safe mode and run the virus scan again. You just trying to repair a windows installation, and after that you should every time always delete your system partition and recreate a new one before loading your OS.

It sounds like similar to mine issue which is I am facing at the time of installing Windows XP on a Dell Precision 370. And in this it install and then when I reboot it so it gone to blue screen. The difficulty was the hard disk drive. XP did not have it. And for this you have one solution and in this you have to download the driver, put it on a floppy, and then load the driver while doing the OS install. And for this an easy fix is to go in to the BIOS and from there you just change the Drive setting. And another thing you were able to try is loading Windows 7 RC1.