Thread: Confused between Ubuntu, kubuntu and xubuntu

Confused between Ubuntu, kubuntu and xubuntu

I bought new Intel i5 processor and I am previously using windows XP because of my low configuration of computer. It was not compatible with linux operating system. Now I want to use Linux but I am confused between Ubuntu, kubuntu and xubuntu. I don’t know which best suit for me. For that I am mentioning my computer usage that are internet surfing and down loading , office applications for office work , listing music and watching movies and playing heavy graphic games so in short I want operating system which supports multiple applications.

Re: Confused between Ubuntu, kubuntu and xubuntu

As per my knowledge Ubuntu is an operating system based on the Debian Linux distribution. It’s free and open source software. Its best suit for average user and provides up to date and user-friendly interface. It’s easy to install on computer. It’s most famous Linux distribution for the computer. About Kubuntu, it’s derived from the Ubuntu .The different is its using the KDE graphical environment as a replacement for of GNOME. It’s using the same underlying system like ubuntu. Kubuntu has capacity of running Gnome desktop and KDE desktop at a same time, interchangeably on the same machine.

I have experienced in Xubuntu its officially recognized from ubuntu but its doesn’t has supported ubuntu derivative . It stands on the “feature-rich core of Ubuntu” Linux. In Ubuntu GNOME is used but in Xubuntu has Xfce desktop environment. Xfce is a lightweight environment hence it can loads and run applications in high-speed. So if you want to high speed access of applications as well as multifunctional operating system the n you can take Xubuntu. It will best suit for you.

I suggest you to go with Kubuntu 10.10. Its upgraded version is far better tan previous and also better than ubuntu and Xubuntu . The collective ISO image is fine touches that will reduce some downloading time for those who desire to use Kubuntu as a laptop OS, as well as a computer OS. The upgradation to the Ubiquity installer is pretty good. It has KPackageKit. It also having new Rekonq browser. It has new great interface and also saves space and having minimize clutter.

My vote goes to Xubuntu . It’s my favorite.In KDE has most options are more and most of which you actually doesn’t need.Gnome runs into some slow down infrequently, and is a small, easier to use than Xfce.But once you find out how to use Xfce .you fill like having a express version of Gnome; in addition Xfce is having great skin, since it accepts both GTK skins and Window Manager skins.Xbunto is best for you its fast and advanced then ubuntu and kubuntu.