Thread: Troubleshooting selected task "{0}" no longer exists error message

Troubleshooting selected task "{0}" no longer exists error message

I was using Microsoft windows XP operating system on my Acer aspire 4920 laptop. While browsing across the internet last night, there was cut off in the power supply. Suddenly after some time the power supply was on. After the power supply was on I restarted by laptop again. When the laptop was started I started task scheduler but the task scheduler was giving me “the selected task "{0}" no longer exists” error message. I need a solution so that I can resolve this problem.

Re: Troubleshooting selected task "{0}" no longer exists error message

If you are getting any type of error from the system then the best way to overcome it by making use of system restore. System restore utility will restore your system to the previous stage. System restore utility is an important tool provided by your operating system. You can use the system restore utility by going to the start/all programs/accessories/system restore and select system restore utility. In the system restore wizard you need to select the previous data on which you want to restore your system and click on ok button. After the restoring the system, the selected task "{0}" no longer exists error message will be resolved.

You can fix the selected task "{0}" no longer exists error message in your system very easily. Open the task scheduler window. In the task scheduler window you need to browse to each and every folder until you get the “selected task "{0}" no longer exists “error message. After selecting the folder which gave the error go to my computer and in the address bar type C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\. Select the folder that gave the error message. Delete the selected folder. Now the task scheduler error message will be solved.

If the task scheduler is causing any error then you can easily resolve it by making use of windows registry. You need to go to start and select the run window. In the run window you need to type “regedit” and press the enter key to start the windows registry. In the window registry you need to browse to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache location and delete all entries. After deleting the keys from the windows registry you need to reboot the system. After restarting the system selected task "{0}" no longer exists error message will be resolved.

If you are getting “selected task "{0}" no longer exists” error message then you can resolve it very easily. You need to open the my computer and type “%windir%\system32\tasks\” in the address bar. Now you need to copy and paste files from task scheduler to the temporary location. Now you need to select the copied folder and choose “import task”. You need to set the file type selection as “All Files” and then click on ok to import the task. Return back until all the folders have been imported and now you can use the task scheduler without any errors.