Thread: Installing windows 7 with any key

Installing windows 7 with any key

I have installed windows 7 professional operating system on my DELL Inspiron 6400 laptop. I have also activated my operating system by providing the product key. I want to install windows 7 ultimate pack on my desktops so I want to know if I can use the same product key to activate windows 7 ultimate pack which was used for activating windows 7 professional pack. I need a solution for this problem so that I can install windows 7 ultimate pack and also activate it.

Re: Installing windows 7 with any key

You can’t use the same product key for activating windows 7 professional pack and windows 7 ultimate pack. You can install windows ultimate pack on the desktop. For activating windows 7 ultimate pack you need to go to the Microsoft website and register yourself. After registering yourself on Microsoft website you will be provided a unique product key. Now you use the product key that you have received from the Microsoft website to activate windows 7 ultimate pack and it will be activated.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I first installed windows 7 ultimate pack on my desktop. After installing windows 7 ultimate pack, I open the browser and went to the Microsoft website and registered myself. After registering myself, I got the product key for activating windows 7 ultimate pack. I entered the product key and my operating system got activated. Sometimes while using windows 7 ultimate pack I am getting error code 43 message displayed on the screen. I need a solution for troubleshooting this problem.

If you are getting error code 43 then it is related to the hardware problem in your system. Each piece of hardware is having its own driver. Due to improper functioning of hardware or driver problem related to the hardware may cause this error. Mostly the error code 43 is caused because of device drivers. You need to follow the steps below to remove the driver which causes this error so that the problem can be resolved:
    1. You need to go to start/run and in the run window type “sysdm.cpl” and hit the ok button.
    2. In the System Properties window, click on the Hardware tab and then select device manager.
    3. Select device which causes error code 43 and check its properties.
    4. Then you need to click on the driver tab and uninstall the driver.
    5. After uninstalling the driver restart the system and then reinstall the driver again.
    6. When the installation of driver is successful, click on Scan for hardware changes button to scan the new driver installed. Now the error code 43 will be resolved.

You might be getting error code 43 because of the hardware problem. If reinstalling the driver doesn’t solve the problem then you need to disconnect the hardware. After disconnecting the hardware, restart the system. Now you need to scan the system by going to my computer/Manage. In the device manager, click on “Scan for hardware changes”. After scanning the system connect the hardware back into the system and install its appropriate driver. Disconnecting and connecting the particular hardware may solve error code 43.

Windows registry is the place where all the information about hardware, software, settings etc is stored. As time passes this registry becomes heavier and heavier. When we install any hardware, software or driver then some of the entries are made into the registry. Sometimes due to corrupted or missing entries in the registry problem may occur. To fix the registry problem you may need to download and install registry cleaner software. The registry cleaner software may fix the registry problem and it will repair the registry.