Thread: Troubleshooting background processes

Troubleshooting background processes

I was having desktop with windows XP operating system installed on it. Due to advancement in technology I have upgraded myself from desktop to Sony Vaio Z Centrino 2 laptop. I have also purchased plug to surf for browsing across the internet. I have updated the McAfee antivirus on my system and windows firewall set to enable. When the system is started it consumes too much of time to load. I tried to search solutions for this slow start up but could not find. I need a solution describing the reasons for this slow start up and steps to fix it.

Re: Troubleshooting background processes

If your system is having slow start up problem then this is because of the background process running in the system memory. This unwanted process uses the system power and due to this your system may take long time to startup. You can fix this unwanted background processes very easily into the system by making use of task manager utility which is provided by your operating system. The task manager gives the list of all the applications, processes running into the system.

When you install software on the system, after installing the software some of them have the start-up feature when the operating system starts. You need to terminate these unwanted background processes to free up the disk space and also it will improve the system performance. The steps to remove these background processes are given below:
    1. Start the system and press the "Control," "Alt" and "Delete" keys from the keyboard to start the task manager.
    2. When the task manager window opens you need to select the processes tab.
    3. In the processes tab, select the process which is not in the system tab and you want it from starting up when the system is loading.
    4. After selecting the process click on End Process button from the bottom of the task manager.
    5. You need to repeat all the steps to remove any other process and after finishing the processes close the task manager.

I was facing the problem of slow startup of the system due to the background processes running into the background of the system memory. Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have terminated all the unwanted processes and my system is loading quickly. I need a solution describing the steps through which I can I can reduce the Memory Usage in my system.

You can reduce the memory usage in the system very easily by following the steps given below:
    1. You need to terminate all the unwanted processes running into the background of the memory by using task manager.
    2. You should avoid multitasking. Due to multitasking, system utilizes memory, resources i.e. RAM and this may increase the memory usage.
    3. You need to adjust the visual settings under the settings menu. Select "Adjust for best Performance" to help the system save RAM