Thread: What does the term signed mean in Software or Driver?

What does the term signed mean in Software or Driver?

Hello friends, There was always a question in my mind which answer I never knew. I wanted to know what is the term signed actually means in software or driver? I don’t know whether it is right or wrong but I think that it might be official or legitimate software? I am not pretty sure but this is what I think in terms of software. Actually, this is something which I always used to ignore but somehow I also wanted to know the answer. If anyone is aware of the information about the term signed then please let me know.

Re: What does the term signed mean in Software or Driver?

I think that it is used in the digital signature where you have a piece of code which is unique and basically it used by the software’s so that when the third party software is easily approved and can be used. It is software is which is more likely related to operating system. I think that the process which is been carried out by digital signature is usually carried out with the help Cryptography. It is carried out very safely so that it does not get hold in hands of someone who will develop the operating system and will make people fool of it.

I think that the third party software which approves the sample product which is provided by the operating system developers or makers such as Apple, Nintendo, etc and it is totally upto the developer where in determines whether that particular software which is been used as sample is suitable for the platform or not. This may bring upon several criteria such as legal review, compatibility tests and the patent review which will have its own criteria that is set by a company to another company.

I have noticed that there are some operating systems which allow both the signed and the unsigned software where as there are some operating systems where you will only find the signed software. But, if they run the way of performing is different, it’s not similar to each other. If you try to run unsigned software it will give you a warning message which will indicate that the user is using the software of third party software which is been vetted by the developer or owner of the operating system.

I think that it is code which is code where in the third party software can be easily approved. There are two categories in this software, first on e is signed one which we are talking about and the second is the unsigned software. Well, you might be aware of what is signed software, now let me tell you what is unsigned software? It is similar to signed software but the difference is that it is a software which is been vetted by the developer of the operating system.