Thread: Can I sell used Windows 7 PRO Upgrade?

Can I sell used Windows 7 PRO Upgrade?

Hello Guys, I am in bit awkward situation as I had ordered wrong version of Windows 7 which I needed the full version of the windows 7 but unfortunately I had opened wrong version of the package and I even tried to install though I was not able to install it. I have a question over here that can I sell this opened windows 7 version? If, yes then how? If not, then how would I get it replaced? Anyone can help me out with this query that is having any knowledge or information about the particular query.

Re: Can I sell used Windows 7 PRO Upgrade?

I don’t think that once the package is opened and used then it will be sell able. I don’t think that it will be legally sell able. Though it was not installed in your computer system but still the package is already opened which will be recognized as used version of windows. I am pretty sure that you won’t be able to sell this version of windows. I think that you have to only use this version of windows you don’t have any other option rather than using it yourself.

I don’t completely agree with it, even though the package is opened it can be sellable if it’s not being used for any other computer. If it is used for any other computer than it cannot be sellable but, if it’s not used in any other computer then it can be sellable. In this case, it is been opened and used but luckily it did not install which gives you right to sell. I also agree if it is used then it won’t be sellable but if it’s not used than he can sell it.

I think that even though it is not used either, if the package is opened but not used then also it can be sold but the point is that it has to be sold if it so being sold with that particular computer system. You need to sell the computer system also along with the version of the windows. I don’t think so there are any rights which will allow selling the opened package without providing the computer system. According to me, you cannot sell the package without providing a computer system.

I don’t think that is not sellable. I also agree that once the package is opened then it wouldn’t be sellable. Even, if it is not used then to it will not be sellable. You should know that once the seal of that package is opened then it is very difficult to get it selled. I don’t think that any user will buy it after seeing the sealed packed opened. So, my suggestion is that it is very difficult get it selled after seeing that sealed pack is opened.