Thread: Is it possible to identify and delete the duplicate files other than the program files on Windows 7?

Is it possible to identify and delete the duplicate files other than the program files on Windows 7?

I have trapped in an unusual situation, the thing is that recently IntelliMover i have installed a software called on my system which is having windows 7 running on it. Now actually that software has messed up all my folders here and there and also duplicated them including some of the folders of associated with the operating system. And my query is that is there is any way that will help me to identify and delete the duplicate files other than the program files. Please help me to solve the problem it has frustrated me a lot.

Re: Is it possible to identify and delete the duplicate files other than the program files on Windows 7?

It is often that somehow the user tends to create the duplicate file and later on he feels too difficult to delete it. And you are also going through the similar condition. And to fix this issue you have to follow the below mentioned steps:
    • First you have to open the search window by pressing the “windows key + F”
    • Then in the search box you have to type the name of the file that you suspect that it may be duplicated and then press enter.
    • In the toolbar of the search windows you will find the VIEWS option just click it.
    • After that just select the details option from it.
    • Then just see the files and then match then with their dated if the modified dates are similar then the files are duplicated on the same day and then just open those two files and compare them with help content and delete as per your requirement.

Re: Is it possible to identify and delete the duplicate files other than the program files on Windows 7?

Well if this is the case then I will ask you to install software called Auslogics Duplicate File Finder. This software is used to find out the duplicate files and then you can delete the one based on the content. The Auslogics Duplicate File Finder has the MD5 search engine, this search engines allows the system to search on the basis of the content. This file will also be useful if you are having two similar video files or mp3 files with identical tracks. So just install it on the system and then get rid of the problem faced by you.

Why don’t you go with the Easy Duplicate Finder? This the software that will help you to find out the duplicate files and then delete it respectively. I am using the similar software and it is helpful to me and I hope that it will do wonders for your system also. So install this one on your system and fix the problem that you have.

I was also facing a similar kind of problem few days back and I can understand your tangle. But if you want to solve this than I have software which will find all the duplicate files from your system. The Anti twin version 1.8d is the fantastic one that I have ever used. This software will automatically find the similar files and delete the duplicate one by keeping the original one. So you have to do nothing everything will be done by this software.

Well try "AVG PC tuneup 2011". It is also a very good choice with lots and lots of other very good options and tweaks. this has option of finding duplicate files with choice in type of files and also the option of file size of greater than or smaller than a specified size. I m using it with lot of success.