Thread: What is your primary operating system

What is your primary operating system

In this survey i want everyone to tell or post here the operating system which is being used, be it for longer use over time using a computer. For example, if you have Windows XP and Vista, and person are using the XP only for gaming and Vista for browsing, office, etc Marks the Vista. This is not a survey on what OS you have installed, but on what OS is used in large number. In my case, what is more I use Ubuntu Linux 10.04 , but at the end of this month i will move to Ubuntu 10.10 64bit. I have also installed Windows XP and Windows Vista on my PC. On your laptop (from which I post now) I have only Vista (and I paid for the license, i think it must be used plus it does not go as bad as they say over there).

Re: What is your primary operating system

I use Windows XP Professional plus Service Pack 2 before using the eye but there are things that do not totally convinced, so I stay with XP. I think windows XP is the most stable operating system till day. Most major brands of computers are sold with Windows XP preinstalled. Note that it is still possible to buy PCs with Windows XP, but only under certain conditions: the mini PCs like the Eee PC for example can still use the Microsoft system a few years.

In Windows XP I recommend you install Service Pack 3, which is the latest available. The view I can assure you is as bad as people think. You have to try it for a while, the first few times does go a little slower, but eventually speeds up (seems like a joke but it is not). I'm surprised with the performance of Vista on my laptop and my desktop (but in this has less merit, because it is a beast, Core 2 Duo E8400 to 3.85 Ghz, 4 GB DDR2 850 Mhz, ASUS P5Q Pro, XFX 9800 GTX.

I now Windows Vista because it is the one installed on the new computer (desktop) when I bought it recently, because it is installed on the computer I use most and also because I have no desire to install another / s (which vaguez ...) until needed (I think I prefer XP to Vista, although it does not bother me, nor do I like nor dislike me-). I also use Ubuntu on my laptop. Logically, it can not be the OS I use most because I always use my Asus.

I have been using Vista almost since it came out, but since I broke the main PC took the reserve that I have used with the XP Professional SP3, but memories of the operating system. By the way as well they say around the Vista on my case has gone perfectly, many people complain of it without even trying it out, is resource intensive but stable and pleasing to the eye.

Myself using the Ubuntu 10.04. Sun introduced the latest version LTS Ubuntu 10.04 Although a completely new look and a better integration of online services. The last great wave of technical innovations, however, came with the previous Ubuntu 9.10 . Accordingly, one should expect that the newly published Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) as the successor of a LTS version recovers a set of innovations comes up with - since Ubuntu 9.10 should have accumulated quite a bit.

As far as i know the Ubuntu 10.10 is really a very good operating system. I am using it on my system and even i have a very good experience with it. Releases are issued at six-monthly intervals, and every two years there is a LTS version with long-term support for the Canonical three (Desktop Edition) or five (Server edition) Annual Updates and bug fixes guaranteed and are particularly recommended for use in business. Naturally LTS versions are developed more conservative: the focus is on stability rather than on the latest software releases and experimental features.