Thread: Problem with Vista(sp2) on a Dell XPS 730X tower

sad Problem with Vista(sp2) on a Dell XPS 730X tower

After my BitDefender updated I restarted my computer. It did not boot to desktop. I got the Dell Logo, bios and the blue bar going from left to right. Another screen appears, Windows Error Recovery. What happened ?!! I enter the highlighted "start recovery". Next screen says "Please Wait". Next screen say "Other User". It had in the bottom left corner an "Ease of Access" icon. I click "other user". Next screen asks for "User Name" and "Pass Word". Whats going on?!! Ok, calm down. I put in my user name and pass word I had just before desktop. Click "OK". The next screen has put me in near panic. It said with a red x "The specified domain name either does not exist or could not be contacted". OMG ! Ok, don't panic. Lets boot into safe mode. After I turn off the computer and restarted using the on and off button. I pressed F8. I press enter on the highlight word "Safe Mode". It went back to "Other User"!!
    Whats happening ?!! This repeats no matter in what mode. I can't get into Safe Mode at all.
    What do I need to do? I have the Reinstallation DVD and the Drivers and Utilities cd that Dell (They want money for instructions) gave with the computer. And yes I called BitDefender, "We'll get back to later". Right !
    Anyone out there that can help ?
    Tom

Re: Problem with Vista(sp2) on a Dell XPS 730X tower

I had this problem long ago. I say it's not a big problem but atleast for my case it worked. What I think maybe a concern about the updates of windows on the drivers and graphics cards like ATI RADEON (mine radeon HD 2400). I am running vista premium32 bits. What I did:
    1. In "system properties", tab "Advanced system settings", click "Startup and Recovery" click on "settings" then uncheck "Automatically restart" box and "write an event in the system log. to start the computer in Safe Mode
    2. After this you need to uninstall the driver involved in the error message and, importantly, do you restart the bike (still in safe mode with internet connection).
    3. Pick the correct driver on the manufacturer's website.
    4. IMPORTANT download without installing the driver, close the net.
    5. Install the driver, and reboot.

At this point the blue screen error message should no longer appear. . If so, repeat step 1 and check both boxes unchecked earlier. If it persists, reformat the disk with factory installation (without connecting the net).

Forgive me, I am a novice. How do you get to "System Properties" ?
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by vkorchnoifan View Post
    Forgive me, I am a novice. How do you get to "System Properties" ?
    Tom
    Simply go to desktop, minimize all programs (if opened). Right click on My Computer and at the end of the context menu, there is properties. Click on the same. Now you are in the System Properties. Now continue the steps from here, that are mentioned by Mr Alfa.