Thread: Windows 7: Unable to see deleted files in recycle bin

Windows 7: Unable to see deleted files in recycle bin

Hello, I had recently upgraded Windows 7 on to the system. The problem I get here is that when I delete some data from the system after that if I want to restore it back it doesn’t get restore because I am unable to see the deleted files in the recycle bin. It looks completely empty, but the desktop icon is full and it has the restore files and empty buttons available. If I have the recycle bin open when I delete something I can see it appear in the bin. But if I close the bin and reopen it the deleted item are unseen. How can I repair this? Thanks for any kind of assistance.

Re: Windows 7: Unable to see deleted files in recycle bin

There are certain circumstances where we need to reset the Recycle Bin store folder to repair troubles such as Recycle Bin not showing the files that have been deleted, or you’re unable to totally empty the Recycle Bin. Each and Every drive has a hidden and protected folder named $Recycle.bin, which is where the Recycle Bin stores files and folders that you delete. Windows 7 generates the fresh $Recycle.bin folder automatically after we reset it. Significantly the following procedure permanently deletes every files and folders which are already in the Recycle Bin and cannot be recovered.
    1. Initially open an elevated Command Prompt window. To open it, first you click on to the Start option, from that choose All Programs, hit it off on Accessories, on it right-click the Command Prompt, and then from the given option click on to the Run as administrator.
    2. Enter the specified command and hit ENTER button: rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin this keyword will clear out the $Recycle.bin folder from the C:\ partition. You should have to do this for each hard disk partition on to your machine.
    3. Finally enter exit to close the Command Prompt window.
    Now check if the problem still continues or not.

I was also involved into such trouble and immediately contacted CodeMeter straight away. Here is the answer that worked on my Windows 7 machine: what we can do is first we should have to toggle the state of the CmStick from local disk to removable disk. It can be changed with our tool “Code Meter Disc Configuration”. Go to the Start button in that go the all programs, select the codemeter, from it select the tools, Disc Configuration, then go to the rider “Option” and change the value “Disk Type”. Final step is to unplug the CodeMeter and replug it in and it should work.

Try either of the following, go in to the personalization and then go to the change desktop icons. Un-tick the recycle bin, hit apply and ok. Then go back in there and verify the recycle bin icon back in and hit apply and ok and see if that assist.
    OR
    Try to this steps first go to the start menu on the task bar, in that go at the run option, in that type in cmd. Type in each one of the following lines, press enter after each one. Restart when complete and check to see if things work.
    attrib c:\recycler -h -s
    del c:\recycler

You can select to bypass the Recycle Bin while you remove something. This choice is not suggested for the majority of the users. Thus confirm if that alternative is checked. If the option is checked then uncheck it.
    1. Very firstly go on to the desktop and then right-click on to the Recycle Bin, in that click Properties.
    2. In Recycle Bin place, click on to the location of the Recycle Bin that you want to modify most possible your C drive.
    3. Under that click don’t move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted, and then click OK.

Try to perform these steps, first go on to your security option from the control panel option and then click the drop down menu for Firewalls. In that click on Show Me The Firewalls For This Computer. In that it will provide you the list of your firewalls and inform you which ones of the firewall is turned on. You can click on the ones you want to turn off and choose off. You should be able to open the additional anti-virus and turn them off under settings or something alike.