Thread: Windows 7: Battery plugged in, not Charging

Windows 7: Battery plugged in, not Charging

Hello friends, I had just got the brand new Dell laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium uploaded in it. I had worked with it almost completely while plugged in. The battery icon in the notification area says that the battery is at "97% (plugged in, not charging)." How do I acquire the battery to charge? Is there a threshold above which it won't charge? I had
    AMD Athlon II X3 M300 2.0 GHz
    4 GB RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 4200 Graphics
    6 cell Li-ion battery
    My power profile is put to Balanced with the simple modification to stay everything always on while plugged in. This is my first Windows 7 machine after years with XP, so I'm fresher to this OS. I had searched for it on the internet but I was unable to get the information. Please help

Re: Windows 7: Battery plugged in, not Charging

This is the technique it works: 1) while you power on your laptop, if your battery is greater than 95% then you will be getting the message on the tray that the battery is "plug but not charging". 2) When you power on your laptop, if your battery is below 95% then you will see the message now as "Plugged and charging" until the battery charge reaches 100% (not 95%). That's why occasionally, even if you see that your battery is at 97% and charging also, that means before starting your laptop, the battery was under 95% and reaches 97% since then.
    Separately from the clarification above there seems to some problem with the error mentioned. Therefore attempt the steps below as well. 1) Click Start button on the desktop, from that go to the search field and in that type device, you will certain list from that select Device Manager. 2) Enlarge the Batteries group. 3) Beneath the Batteries category, right-click on to the choice MS ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery catalog, select it and uninstall it. Caution: Do not eliminate the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any extra ACPI compliant driver.

I followed the steps below: 1) initially closed laptop and removed the battery while still on. 2) After it open the lid and eliminate AC adapter as still on, will power off system. 3) Now close the lid and connect the battery. 4) Open the lid, now connect it to the Ac adapter and then power on. After performing the above steps my system start to charge the battery. Several public say that after performing the step 2, shutdown the system before unplugging the AC. I didn't because most of the answer I found said NOT to shutdown the machine initially. If you were cautious with your system then this one time shouldn't do any damage to your laptop.

I think that the problem might get occured with your system or with your hardware such as your battery or the adapter. I will suggest you to go to the Dell support they will really help you out. If your Laptop is under warranty then it is well and good. They might also replace you with the new Laptop. The problem you had said , it seems to me that it is the hardware related; unfortunately, I can't help you with hardware modifications. Better show to the Dell company.

Solve in this method might it get work for you and one extra thing is use your battery with no power for 20 min then plugged your AC power wish it will work for you: you first have a click on the Start option from the taskbar after that go to the search option and in that type device, then choose Device Manager. Expand the Batteries group. In the Batteries category, after that right-click on to the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall. Now On the Device Manager Taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes. Alternately, in that choose Action option an go to the Scan for hardware changes. Try it

I think that the problem lies in the BIOS. I have the Gateway laptop MD26 series and was facing with the similar difficulty. Download the newest BIOS for your laptop series, upgrade you’re BIOS and you are done. Hope this resolves your matter. Get the latest BIOS for your laptop from the DELL support. Also note that download the BIOS that is connected to your laptop model or series only. I am not responsible for any damage to your motherboard.