Thread: Getting I/O Error 0x8007045D with Western Digital External Hard Drive in Windows 7

Getting I/O Error 0x8007045D with Western Digital External Hard Drive in Windows 7

I have a 1TB Western Digital external hard drive, and I am presently working on Windows 7. But now I am suffering with some problem. Whenever I am trying to do any operation on my Western Digital External Hard Drive I am getting an I/O Error 0x8007045D. I am not able to move delete, save and copy files in my hard drive. What I have to do to resolve this problem. I am facing this problem from long time.

Re: Getting I/O Error 0x8007045D with Western Digital External Hard Drive in Windows 7

When attempting to save or delete files on the drive, if you obtain a message saying that the action has failed due to an I/O device error 0x8007045D.the Error 0x8007045d is "ERROR_IO_DEVICE”. "The request could not be executed as of an I/O device error.” so first of all make sure that is it performing properly in a clean boot, or in safe mode. If your problem continuing then you may have a problem with the external hard driver so you have to change it to resolve your problem.

Re: Getting I/O Error 0x8007045D with Western Digital External Hard Drive in Windows 7

Did you obtain any error message with any error code?
    Adding to No Compromise proposal, you may as well run chkdsk on the external drive to make sure if it has acquired any errors.
    1. First of all press Start, then you have to type cmd in the Start Search box after that right-press cmd.exe in the Programs list, and after that press Run as administrator.
    2. If you are encouraged for an administrator password or for verification then you have to type your password, or press Continue.
    3. You have to type at a command prompt, the following command, and after that hit ENTER:
    Chkdsk /R P:
    Note in this command, P: Are placeholders that correspond to the drive letter of the volume that you would like to confirm.
    4. Click Y while you are encouraged to make sure the disk the next time that the system restarts.
    5. Close all applications, and after that restart the system. Note During the restart process, Windows checks the disk for errors, and after that you have to do Windows starts.
    6. After the system restarts make sure if you are capable to move files into the hard drive.

hey when I am facing the same problem then after so discussion I get some solution so first I emptied my Recycle Bin and turned off Indexing Service taking place the external drive, chosen the entire content on the drive and unchecked Read-only within the properties panel, disallowed Windows Media Player/Winamp/Nero etc from observing the external drive for library files and after that removed the external drive from several shared folders and turned off system restore on the external drive. As well as after each step I did a restart. I wish this helps you resolve the problem as I know how frustrating it is.

You can solve your problem easily. From my opinion your computer has registry problem. It is very easy to repair I/O device 0x8007045d error. To solve registry you first have to download a registry cleaner and after that you have to install it. Then you have to Open the registry cleaner as well as scan you system for free. After doing all this things you have to press fix button and then you done. I am sure that after doing this you will definitely solve your problem.

The simple and best way to resolve this issue is to run registry cleaner software. A registry cleaner be able to remove errors in your record. This record stores the entire information with reference to the software, drivers, applications as well as games that are installed on your system. And in time, it can get bad, because several outdated entries are not deleted and be able to lead to what they call the "errors". By utilizing a registry cleaner the errors be able to eradicated as well as raise the speed of your PC in the process. Registry cleaners work by scanning every file and after that pressing to observe if it is corrupt or causing troubles. If they locate that it is broken, the registry cleaner will replace or fix the file for you to make your PC become free of errors. As well, the errors will not occur if you regularly make sure and care for your PC system.