Thread: Stop : C0000135 The program can't start because %hs is missing

Stop : C0000135 The program can't start because %hs is missing

Hello friends, I have been experiencing the error ''STOP: C0000135 the program can't start because %hs is missing. Try to reinstall the program and the blue screen like KERNEL Debug, although now I have installed a new copy of Windows 7, tonight for the first time I experienced a issue, start with the screen freezing, then task manager wouldn't work at all, and it ended up with the blue screen saying: ''STOP: C0000135 The program can't start because %hs is missing. I thought that the reason might be because I have installed the Windows 7 from a duplicate CD, not from Original Windows 7 CD, or possibly I make use of some music software’s or ANY of them might cause this. No matter what the reason is is there a method of fixing it, or shall I finish up with formatting and installing again a new Windows 7. Any help will be appreciated!!!

Re: Stop : C0000135 The program can't start because %hs is missing

Whether you have performed the CHKDSK and if you had been unable to complete the CHKDSK then it seems to me that the disk is bad. Consider checking it out with a SMART tool. And also %hs would appear to be a variable, in this case one that hasn't been set. The reason you are getting the Blue Screen is because for some reason something was trying to call that file and fails to find it.

Hi, Regarding chkdsk system freezes or lockups can be a symptom of a failing disk or other failing hardware.It can be Hardware or the Software issue. It seems to me that it is not a bad disk, Instead it’s more likely that you have AVG 2011 like I do, and the latest update might have messed up one of AVGs files. To repair it download the recover CD thing to disable AVG. Because one of my friend was also having the same error but finally he fixed the error by repairing the AVG. Hope it may work for you.

I do have this issue too I just fixed it. 1) What you do is first try to upload and configure the AVG Recovery CD at: Free Antivirus - Forum - How to stop AVG while the Operating System Cannot Be Started correctly. After you boot up your Personal Computer off of the CD, choose the first option. When the program loads then go to the Utilities and from that go to File Manager and from there go to
    mnt
    sda# (frequently 1 will be your windows partition)
    2) After it enter in to your Program Files and rename the AVG folder by pressing F6 while highlighting the folder and name it to "garbage" or somewhat like that. After it restart the computer. 3) Once in windows, rename that "garbage" folder back to AVG. 4) download the appropriate removal tool program for your windows (32 or 64 bit). 5) Allow the PC to restart and all should be better.