Thread: HP Officejet J4550 is not functioning after I upgraded from windows Vista to Windows 7

HP Officejet J4550 is not functioning after I upgraded from windows Vista to Windows 7

Hey I have HP Officejet J4550 and I was using properly it on my computer running windows vista but now I am facing some problem related to HP Officejet J4550 printer. I have upgraded from windows vista to windows 7 and after I did that I am not able to get it work properly on my computer so please tell me what I have to do to solve my problem. Waiting for any reply……

Re: HP Officejet J4550 is not functioning after I upgraded from windows Vista to Windows 7

First of all ensure that the printer is on. Once a printer is on it be supposed to have several type of light (usually green) that shows that the printer is getting power and is on. If you do not have any indicator light then you have to check that the printer is connected to a working power outlet by confirming each end of the power cable. Next you have to click the printer power button. If after executing the above steps your printer still not able to get a power status indicator it is likely you are come across a serious printer problem as well as we advise you to contact the printer manufacturer for other steps as well as directions on repair or replacement.

Re: HP Officejet J4550 is not functioning after I upgraded from windows Vista to Windows 7

Have you checked that the cables are connected properly or not? Your printer must have two cables connected to it. Which is the power cable and the data cable, the power cable be supposed to have previously been confirmed as being attached if your printer has a power indicator light. Confirm that the data cable like parallel cable or USB cable is as well connected from the printer to the computer.

If you have connected a printer to your computer and after that it does not work or strangely stops working. Then it should be that you have never install driver. And if you have installed it and after that you are facing the problem then you might require installing the driver once again so install drive properly. May after reinstallation you will get your problem solved.

The most general way to install a printer is to connect it directly to your system. This is known as a local printer. And after that Windows be supposed to automatically notice it as well as begin installation while you plug it in. for installing a wireless printer that connects to your computer over a wireless network (Wi-Fi), you be able to utilize the Add a device wizard to install the printer. So make sure that you have sure about all this things.

You can check Windows Update for new drivers. For that you have to Open Windows Update by pressing the Start button. In the search box you have to type Update, and after that, in the list of results, press Windows Update. After that in the left pane, press Check for updates, and after that wait though Windows looks for the latest updates for your PC. Press the link that tells you optional updates are accessible. After that choose the driver you would like to install and then press OK, and after that press install updates. If you are encouraged for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or give authentication.