Thread: I am not able to find the 1394 Drivers for Windows 7

I am not able to find the 1394 Drivers for Windows 7

I am doubtful if someone has knowledge that how and where I can find 1394 driver for Windows 7. I have searched my complete system but I was failed to find the driver for 1394 it gives me the information message that “ricoh rl5c832 IEEE controller”. And also I am trying to search for my tascam firewire audio card but it failed to work on my system. So please if you are aware about the method that how to solve this issue then please post it I looking for that. Please help me...

Re: I am not able to find the 1394 Drivers for Windows 7

In Windows 7 you don’t need to install the 1394 driver it is already in built in Windows 7. Windows 7 contain complete support inbuilt for the IEEE 1394. For that there is no need to install any software from outside. And if you wise to install an adapter, you have to just plug it in to an available adapter jacket, after that Windows 7 will automatically install it completely. But if then also you are asked for driver then it might be different issue might be of some hardware.

If you are not getting driver automatically in Windows 7 then you can navigate it manually with the help of following steps.
    1. Select the Start menu.
    2. And then Right click on "My Computer" choose the option "manage".
    3. After then choose the "Device manager" from the panel.
    4. And then select the “IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers” and expand it by clicking the (+) sign.
    5. And then perform Right click on the host controller node and choose the option "Update driver software.
    6. And then choose "Browse my computer for driver software" option.
    7. And select the proper driver and install it and restart the system. Hope this steps work for you.

If you are not able to fix the issue with the help of above method then later than you have toggle on the Firewire driver to Legacy, then there might be the chances that you have problem with the Firewire node. Generally this comes under common problem. The Firewire port will be fine with an outside driver, but it won't allow you to import video from your video camera. The majority of the people account this trouble with the Dell system, but it does occur with other company not even with the new companies. This is regarding the Firewire port which is associated in the motherboard. And you can solve this issue with the few simple steps.
    1. Just install a Firewire card into any of the open gap in the system.
    2. And follow the above posted step in order to make you firewire legacy.
    3. After that you should restart your system.
    4. After that hook up the Firewire wire from the video camera, into the new Firewire jacket that you added recently. This is the common steps that solve almost 99 percentage of the issue with net adapter.