Thread: KDCOM.DLL hangs up XP Safe Mode to boot

KDCOM.DLL hangs up XP Safe Mode to boot

I am running Windows XP on my laptop and I am have got stuck while booting it even in the safe mode. When my laptop load the start up screen showing 2 Options as launch start up repair and start windows normally. Here If I choose 1st option then I am getting a Black screen of death. So rebooted the machine and then tried to boot it in the safe mode, Then it just hangs up with the following message.
    • Multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)/windows/sytem32/ntoskrnl.exe
    • Multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)/windows/sytem32/hal.dll
    • Multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)/windows/sytem32/kdcom.dll

I have totally got stuck now and don’t have any idea that what could I do if it just doesn’t moves forward after this message. I have waited for maximum 15 minutes but nothing was happening. Please Help me!

Re: KDCOM.DLL hangs up XP Safe Mode to boot

I think some virus have infected your windows operating system very hardly and hence it is not able to boot itself. I think there is no other way then reinstalling the windows os again your machine just like new one. I hope the back up from where you are going to reinstall the os haven’t got corrupted which might put into headache for another backup. Anyway, Now make sure that you keep your machine always safe under better antivirus software. These days viruses are very much advanced that can fetch an internal data of your machine.

I don’t think this could be an issue regarding an operating system as it seems like overheating. I have seen similar kind of issue on my desktop system which was actually happening due to the overheating issue. Whenever my system tries to boot up then it used to get hanged. I just cleaned up the heat sink then tried to do the same which at least started my system then I came to know that there was a virus too which was not letting my windows to boot up with its normal speed. I removed all the detected viruses and voila!! Now runs like beauty!!!

Microsoft Windows uses to run services (or processes) that run in the background. The list of active processes on your computer is available in real time via the Task Manager (CTRL + ALT + to Del to access and click the Processes tab). These processes are either part of the process system of Windows or applications. kdcom.dll is a module associated with Microsoft Windows Operating System from Microsoft Corporation. kdcom.dll should not be disabled, required for essential applications to work correctly. It could also be the problem with the next DLL file that needs to be loaded just after kdcom.dll loads up. I think repairing the registry of your windows can solve this problem.

I have repaired the machine which was having the same problem. Actually problem is arrives in the kdcom.dll file. But never mind I have fixed this issue, though it is bit longer but believe me it will solve this issue.

First of all you need to boot from the Windows XP disc. I hope you know how to boot from the CD after which you would be having 3. Here you have to select for the REPAIR option by pressing R. Recovery Console is command based. Select the drive on which your Windows is installed. Usually its "1" except you have several installs. As soon as you get to the prompt C:\WINDOWS>, you will require to outline one thing out prior to moving on and it’s your CD drive letter. Attempt typing "D:" with no quotes. When D:\> comes up, type "DIR" with no quotes. If list appears containing "I386" in it, then keep in mind your drive letter is "D." if it is not then substitute "D" in the above directions with "E." One time you have establish your disc drive letter, go after all of the below commands one by one.
    • C:\WINDOWS\>CD system32
    • C:\WINDOWS\system32>COPY kdcom.dll C:\
    • C:\WINDOWS\system32>DEL kdcom.dll
    • C:\WINDOWS\system32>COPY D:\I386\kdcom.dl_
    • C:\WINDOWS\system32>REN kdcom.dl_ kdcom.dll
    • C:\WINDOWS\system32>EXIT

Now I think you machine should not show any problem for booting.

ThumbsUp Re: KDCOM.DLL hangs up XP Safe Mode to boot

I just registered with this site so that I could say To Elijah you just save me a ton of headache I have been chasing this problem for a while now.Followed the listed instruction and everything working great....THANK YOU!!!!!!

ElijahD, thank you! You saved me some serious time.

I am getting the following message (below)....Had message that I had the Trojan 32/DOS. I tried the directions you gave in previous post and still get the black screen....any other suggestions? Thanks so much....

•Multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)/windows/sytem32/ntoskrnl.exe
    •Multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)/windows/sytem32/hal.dll
    •Multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)/windows/sytem32/kdcom.dll

Quote Originally Posted by spike4747 View Post
    I am getting the following message (below)....Had message that I had the Trojan 32/DOS. I tried the directions you gave in previous post and still get the black screen....any other suggestions? Thanks so much....

Have you tried editing the Boot.ini file to restore or correct the Default entry and to ensure that the other entries in the [Operating Systems] section of the Boot.ini file point to the appropriate directories. For more information about how to edit the Boot.ini file, you can go to this website, if you are using windows xp.

ThumbsUp Re: KDCOM.DLL hangs up XP Safe Mode to boot

THAT WAS AMAZING! It worked perfectly. Unfortunately, the computer I am working on has more problems than just that. I am assuming it was a trojan or something... (not my coputer) - the kdcom.dll now allows windows to boot in regular mode, safe mode, and from a cd, so I am working from the CD now.

I tried to boot to windows normally, and after getting through the login screen, the desktop just showed the background - No icons or taskbar or anything. I hit CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, went to processes, killed explorer.exe, went to File>Run, typed explorer.exe - and that's where it got interesting.

All of the icons and tray icons appeared, as well as the taskbar itelf. I made the mistake of getting excited, because not even 2 seconds later, the PC BSODs. So... Now I am running some linux rescue/antivirus cds to try to see what I can do.

I hate anyone who is a hacker and takes enjoyment in causing other people trouble by infecting their computers with viruses. I hate it even more when they get paid to do it. I guess I do have to thank them though... Without them I would have nothing to do all day

question Re: KDCOM.DLL hangs up XP Safe Mode to boot

hello and sorry if i'm reviving a dead thread but this was so very related to my computer problem that i had to post. a few days ago i decided to restart my computer because my sound mixers were not showing up. and now when i try to start my computer normally it freezes at a black screen before the windows loadscreen shows up.
    and when i try to start up in safe mode it stops after these 3 files:

i've tried to do a clean install of windows XP but before all of the files on the CD can load i get a bluescreen with these:
    (0xF78D663C), (0xC0000034), (0x00000000), (0x00000000)
    i've tried 2 seperated XP discs and both give the same error bluescreen. can any of you fine techies help me?

Quote Originally Posted by kEkeKekEKe View Post
    hello and sorry if i'm reviving a dead thread but this was so very related to my computer problem that i had to post. a few days ago i decided to restart my computer because my sound mixers were not showing up. and now when i try to start my computer normally it freezes at a black screen before the windows loadscreen shows up.
    and when i try to start up in safe mode it stops after these 3 files:

i've tried to do a clean install of windows XP but before all of the files on the CD can load i get a bluescreen with these:
    i've tried 2 seperated XP discs and both give the same error bluescreen. can any of you fine techies help me?
    Have you tried to check your BIOS for a "virus protection" option for the boot sector. If its enabled, you can't install any OS. So disable it. Or The problem is usually cause by AHCI/RAID mode of SATA controller. Enter BItS art startup, go to "Integrated Periferals" or something similar where you can find the "SATA Mode" option and change it from AHCI to ATA or IDE or what looks like that.

i looked for virus protection and i couldnt find it so i went into the RAID Config and enabled SATA 1 - SATA 6.
    i would have tried to reinstall Windows XP already after this but my computer is freezing everytime i press a key. this has happened several times previously since the problem first started. i'll just try again in a half hour or so.
    also, after i enabled all of the SATA in the RAID Config it no longer shows my CD-DVD-rom in the boot screen where it shows my hard drives. will my CD rom still work with these settings?

what am i changing to ATA or IDE?

Quote Originally Posted by kEkeKekEKe View Post
    i looked for virus protection and i couldnt find it so i went into the RAID Config and enabled SATA 1 - SATA 6.
    i would have tried to reinstall Windows XP already after this but my computer is freezing everytime i press a key. this has happened several times previously since the problem first started. i'll just try again in a half hour or so.
    also, after i enabled all of the SATA in the RAID Config it no longer shows my CD-DVD-rom in the boot screen where it shows my hard drives. will my CD rom still work with these settings?

what am i changing to ATA or IDE?
    First of all the BSOD (which is actually the common name for a STOP Error) could mean that there's a serious hardware problem with a hard drive controller, a driver issue, or even a boot sector virus. Let's find out what is causing this. Boot the system up and at the HP splash screen start tapping on F8. this will bring up the boot menu. Go down to the line thats says. Disable automatic restart on error. Make sure to click on it. Then reboot. If setup right when it gets the BSOD it will stop and allow you to write down the error with hopefully the problem cause.

Quote Originally Posted by james_911 View Post
    First of all the BSOD (which is actually the common name for a STOP Error) could mean that there's a serious hardware problem with a hard drive controller, a driver issue, or even a boot sector virus. Let's find out what is causing this. Boot the system up and at the HP splash screen start tapping on F8. this will bring up the boot menu. Go down to the line thats says. Disable automatic restart on error. Make sure to click on it. Then reboot. If setup right when it gets the BSOD it will stop and allow you to write down the error with hopefully the problem cause.
    i get a bluescreen with these:
    my computer didnt automatically restart, i had these messages down for a week.