Thread: ‘browser.fixup.alternate’ and ‘keyword.URL’ of Firefox not working in Linux

‘browser.fixup.alternate’ and ‘keyword.URL’ of Firefox not working in Linux

Hello friends I have come here to ask some help form you all. Well the problem is that whenever I am typing any url in the browser then we get the www sign and also the .com sign in the url bar but strangely I have noticed that the same feature is not present in the Linux while it works in the windows. I have even checked for the ‘browser.fixup.alternate’ and ‘keyword.URL’ and it seems that it was disabled, then I enabled it in the about:config but still the same problem. So tell me what should I do in such situation any solutions?

Re: ‘browser.fixup.alternate’ and ‘keyword.URL’ of Firefox not working in Linux

See I think it’s the failure of the dns. If DNS server does not respond then Firefox cannot do much about it. See, if the DNS server is not responding then naturally you will not be getting such thing in the url that you have mentioned here in the question above. So normally the Firefox cannot perform a fix up and then try it again. So I hope you are understanding what I am trying to say and I must say that it will be of lot of benefit for you. So do work on it accordingly and I am sure you will be able to get some answers out of it.

In such situation it is advisable to check if the domain guessing feature is enabled or not in the browser. So for that what you will have to do is go to the following location that I have given you here Preferences, Navigator, Smart Browsing and Domain Guessing. With the enabling of the option you will be able to get to see the domain name as in you type the url. So it’s a very benefitive method for you. You must definitely have a look at the method.

In case you are having difficulty even after trying the above two methods then the best option for you is to have a talk with the Firefox people only regarding this solution and I am sure that will be of great help for you. So that’s what I have to say here. According to me it is a kind of bug that must be prevalent in the existing browser that you are having and one more thing that I would like to add here is that do upgrade to the latest version of the Firefox browser. The browser that you might be using must be old. So do have an upgrade to the latest version and check if the same problem is getting repeated or not.

Ok, thanks for the help. Yes you were correct a proper upgrade did solve the issue. As far as the issue that you were talking about that is of the domain guessing let me tell you that all features are default enabled in the browser and there is no such thing in which I would have to go and enable it again. So that's what i had to inform you all. Again thanks for suggesting me about the upgrade i never thought of that unless you specified me about the same. So thanks a lot for the suggestion.