Thread: Windows 7 shuts off the network adapter in sleep mode

Windows 7 shuts off the network adapter in sleep mode

My windows 7 shut of the network adapter when the system is in sleep mode and then takes a while to connect to the network. I mean to say that whenever my system goes in the sleep mode the network adapter is closed by windows 7 and then afterwards when the system wakeups it takes more time to connect the same to the network. I don’t know why this is happening. Please help me to solve this issue.

Re: Windows 7 shuts off the network adapter in sleep mode

The first thing that you have to do here is that just set the power setting such that the network adaptor will not allow the windows 7 to disable it. It happens if the power setting is not properly managed then the system is free to take the evasive action. So do as I say then you will get rid of the issue and also it will never occur again.

Well I guess that this issue could be related to the drivers that are the drivers are get corrupted and now they are not supporting the system. So what you have to do here is that just install the appropriate drivers on the system. You can get the drivers on the official website. I hope that installing the proper driver on the system will help you to solve the problem that you are facing.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that I can help you in this case so to fix the problem just follow the bellow mentioned steps:
    • First of all open the network connection
    • You can open the network connection by clicking on Start button, and then clicking Control Panel.
    • Then select the search box type you have to type “Adapter”.
    • After that right click on the connection and select the properties if you are asked to insert the password then use the administrator id and password.
    • Then just click on the Networking tab, and select Configure option.
    • At last you have to click on the Power Management tab there you will find a check box ”Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box” Just uncheck it and select OK

Mine is also a similar kind of problem and not able to solve it. Actually the thing here is that whenever I am away from my system when the network connection is on then after 10 to 15 minutes when I again try to have access on the network then it takes almost 5 to 10 minutes to get the connection back. I really don’t know why this is happening please help me to solve this particular problem.