Thread: Windows 7: Random auto-Chkdsk on startup and Chkdsk is also unstable & freezes

Windows 7: Random auto-Chkdsk on startup and Chkdsk is also unstable & freezes

I lately installed Windows 7 64-bit home premium on my Acer laptop. I have as well updated my operating system by means of the majority new patch by means of Windows Update. My trouble:By means of all the updates in position, I am able to bootup and shutdown my laptop normally. On the other hand, presently a couple of days back, exactly subsequent to the Windows 7 logo bootup screen, the chkdsk application has automatically on numerous casual times continued on the way to run. Every now and then, the program freezes as well as is unresponsive to all keyboard as well as mouse stroke, it yet freezes at what time I strike esc key through its countdown of cancelling on the way to run chkdsk. Further occasions, it runs effectively, the whole process take about 30 min as well as it finds no error. Can anyone tell me any solution to this issue.

Re: Windows 7: Random auto-Chkdsk on startup and Chkdsk is also unstable & freezes

Things you can try:
    1. You can proceed on the way to reinstall your Windows 7 in a try to resolve the trouble. You can remove the entire partition as well as perform a fresh install of Windows 7.
    2. Try to edit the BootExecute registry as of from it's default "autochk" to "autocheck autochk /k:C*" You can avoid chkdsk from automatically starting.

Re: Windows 7: Random auto-Chkdsk on startup and Chkdsk is also unstable & freezes

I think you previously have a disk problem. First of all you require on the way to obtain a suitable disk check done.You be able to attempt from a command prompt window, however I suggest a restart into safe mode command prompt just.Type chkdsk c: /f as well as let it run. Observe if that expose something.

I also have the similar problem running Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate, I just run MS Security Essentials(MSE).Acquire over an hour on the way to boot at what time I am not quick sufficient on the way to cancel chkdsk. Every now and then the keyboard is not accepted in time to cancel it. It by no means discovers any errors, presently takes more than 80 minutes on the way to come to an end on a 320gb hard drive.