Thread: How can I switch from Windows XP to Windows 7

How can I switch from Windows XP to Windows 7

I have a laptop with a Celeron 2.6Ghz processor, 1 GB RAM, ATI Radeon IGP 345m video card 64MB, which is installed perfectly and runs Windows XP Pro but the fact is that although XP is perfect for this machine, I would move on to something newer and updated (having skipped the generation Vista and going to that already 8), but I do not know if with this hardware (being a bit 'dated) things may go well with Seven. So I would like one of your comments!

Re: How can I switch from Windows XP to Windows 7

I booted the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and the only problems that I detect are the video card that does not support, and how Windows XP is not available. I thought of light as the Home edition that should not consider much, do you think would run well? I do not talk about why Linux distributions, I do not know why, I pooped the CPU more than windows. So please if you have solution then please post it over here as soon as it is possible.

For a long time I ran Windows 7 on a virtual machine with 1Gb of ram, and ran normal. But I do not know this in practical, then Celeron processor, the system would be fast. I suggest if you increase the ram, then you could also install it, my question is always the processor. So I know only this much but ya I assure you that as soon as I get any information I will inform you.

I am also facing this kind of issue and the main problem is that I cannot just increase the RAM, 1GB is the maximum supported! Otherwise I would share more ram with the video card. I wanted to know if it was convenient or not to upgrade of Athlon 3000 + 1.8ghz! The RAM does not bother me, since many friends have also installed with 1 GB of RAM and runs fine but is their processor that makes the difference and the frequency of bus. Unfortunately, this laptop I bought years ago!

I do run on a laptop with similar hardware and Windows 7 which is running well, but I was obliged to upgrade to 2GB (1GB there was only starting)! Whereas the VGA memory is not that much good, and unable to upgrade to at least 2GB. I would recommend windows 7 and try a new Linux, but not so heavy.