Thread: Windows 7 Error: when plugging in an external USB hard disk

Windows 7 Error: when plugging in an external USB hard disk

Windows 7 throw an Error Code 43 while plugging in a peripheral USB hard disk. I restructured all my drives to the most modern version but the trouble remains. Windows 7 reports my drives are okay for the device, but still throws USB Unknown Device and Code 43. I searched on Google and this provides lots of links to me, but no one with a precise solution. So please someone help me to solve this issue.

Re: Windows 7 Error: when plugging in an external USB hard disk

Before I start just want to ask you some question to fix or to solve your problem. Does any USB device work? Just try to going into Device Manager and uninstalling or remove all of the USB accesses. Then reboot and allow Windows reinstall all of it... may this will solve your problem. So just try this once.

I did this and later than the drive installation, the just that unsuccessful was USB Mass Storage Device. No more information is presented. Anyone have any other suggestions? The motherboard I make use of is a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, with a Core 7 920. Don't know if this information is useful but thinking that possibly the trouble is not just Microsoft windows 7.

I had the similar trouble few time before, tried all the probable ways. I am utilizing an HP i7 with windows7; my exterior hard drive is an Imation Apollo 2.5 inch 250 GB. What I performed to craft it work was insert the power plug and wait 2 to 3 minutes with it working just with the power. Later than that I put the data plug and afterward it worked flawlessly. So, Good luck with it.

At last I resolved this in an additional way. I connected the card reader with a standard USB cable to one of the rear USB connectors and currently the whole thing works well. I wish a few days to receive an obvious answer and solution why those motherboard USB connectors cannot function together. As engineer I only can observe a signal trouble or a PS trouble on those connectors. I am not able to send the motherboard or my complete system back for analysis, so I am more or less pleased with my solution. Hope that this assists other people.