Thread: Windows 7: Drop-down Menu Malfunction

Windows 7: Drop-down Menu Malfunction

I purchased a fresh PC by means of Windows 7; I have set up Microsoft Office by means of Access, and Quicken 2008. For the long-ago the drop-down menus in Windows and Quicken does not work, the Start Menu also not tasks properly either. If I hit on "Start", then "All Programs", then select somewhat that are not in the initially observe window, the catalog scrolls back to the peak and the article that is 3 spaces superior than the one I chosen on the catalog unlock. In Windows, into the "Turn Windows Features On or Off", the similar kind of object occur; if I attempt to scroll down the catalog to select somewhat that is not able to be seen in the unique window, it just place me back up at the peak and I can't choose no matter which thing. Please help me.

Re: Windows 7: Drop-down Menu Malfunction

I think it is an issue which is related to the mouse as it seems that your mouse is not working. I think you should try checking your mouse to some other PC and then see if this issue is resolves or not. If not then I think it is a mouse driver issue you need to update it from the device manager which need you to follow the steps given below:
    • Go to the start option and then go to the run and then into the run option type devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
    • After doing the above step you will get a list of items and then expand the now right click the sub article and then choose Update driver.

I think the above solution will be working but if that is not worked for you then I think you need to uninstall the driver and then install the driver again but this time that will be in the compatibility mode and then see if this works or not for installing the driver in the compatibility mode you need to follow the steps:
    1. This can be done by right clicking on the program which you want to install.
    2. After this you will get a list and from that list just go to the properties option.
    3. And then from there just select the Compatibility tabs a click on it.
    4. Now choose run this program in compatibility method and choose windows vista or XP or

I think you need to follow the booting of the system into safe mode and then check if this issue goes or not. For doing the safe mode you need to restart the system and then start tapping on the F8 key from keyboard. This will give you an advanced boot option window and then using the arrow from the keyboard select the safe mode to do this method to get the desired solution. I hope this will resolve the problem.

I think you r user profile is corrupted so you need to create a new user account. Your user summary is a gathering of settings that create the computer look and job the technique you desire it to. It holds your situation for pointer preferences, sound settings, screen savers, desktop backgrounds and additional characteristic. User profiles make sure that your personal first choice is utilizes whenever you register on to Windows. If you attempt to log on to Windows and expected an error message affecting you that your consumer outlines might be tarnished, you can attempt to restore it. You will require making a fresh profile, and then copying the records from the accessible profile to the fresh one. I think this way yo will be able to get the solution for the issue.