Thread: Unable to open com file after upgrading RS 232 serial port software or hardware to windows XP

Unable to open com file after upgrading RS 232 serial port software or hardware to windows XP

I require help to shape how to get my computer to recognize a Global Positioning System that is GPS. I was functioning on Microsoft windows Vista 64 bit but it continues crashing, may be 5 to 6 times a day but it recognized the com ports for the GPS so I upgraded to Microsoft windows 7 64 bit professional and downloaded to windows XP mode. Later than that the program is all loaded on windows 7 but every time I utilize the port wizard. It says I include no RS 232 serial port hardware software on three dissimilar types of drivers and my air card will not effort either as it comes up opening port 797 will not work. Because modem was not established but my computer says it is functioning well. Does anybody have any answer or any other information about my issue?

Re: Unable to open com file after upgrading RS 232 serial port software or hardware to windows XP

Just tell me one thing, who is the manufacturer or maker of the modem? Based on the error message this looks to be a hardware problem. You will have to uninstall the modem first and then reinstall it. Later than reinstalling the modem if that does not effort, you may have to call or visit manufacturer of the modem and setup the most recent drivers or firmware from the website.

Re: Unable to open com file after upgrading RS 232 serial port software or hardware to windows XP

You may verify if both the devices are well-matched with Windows 7 or not from the compatibility center. If there are no most recent drivers which support for the Windows 7 from the GPS website then this device may not be well-matched with Windows 7. You may call or visit GPS manufacturer to ensure if the device is well-matched and setup the most recent drivers from the website and check.

I am containing the similar trouble. I just got a brand new Laptop with Microsoft Window7 professional and setup the XP Mode to be able to utilize the serial ports. It just does not recognize any usb serial port in the XP mode window. The USB serial port does illustrate in the Window 7 device manager but not in the XP Device Manager. If I cannot make this work, I will have to remove Window 7 and install XP Pro Operating system. It is a big deals for the company I effort for, as we utilize these serial ports with a few older XP applications on numerous PC's. Any assist would be deeply respected.