Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can Ubuntu 10.10 be installed on System without Windows?

Operating Systems

Old 12-12-2010

Can Ubuntu 10.10 be installed on System without Windows?

I always have problem in installing other operating systems on my system and now it has become a challenge for me now. Now I have a laptop here and the scenario here is such that it does not have the Windows Operating System and actually it has the MS-DOS in it. Now I want to have the Ubuntu on it. Can you all please tell me how I can get it done? I have had no issue when I was dealing with the Windows and when I use to go with the installation of the Ubuntu on other PC I was able to install the Ubuntu after multiple attempts. Well those were the laptops which were having the Ubuntu and now I want to know if I can have the Ubuntu on this system. I do not know if I will be able to have the Ubuntu here on this. Will it be possible to have the Ubuntu on the system without any issues here? Please let me know if I will be able to have this, also I am trying to install the Ubuntu 10.10 here the latest one please let me know about this. Please let me know how can I proceed with this here.

Old 12-12-2010

Re: Can Ubuntu 10.10 be installed on System with no Windows?

Well on the first note please let me tell you that it is ideal to have this type of installation here. It is really ideal. Well proceed with this and let me tell you that you will not have any difficulty in doing this. Regarding the Ubuntu 10.10 yes it is the latest one and I think that you will really enjoy this. I would suggest you to download the Ubuntu 10.10 from the official site and then burn it on the CD and then go with the installation of the same on the system. You had mentioned that you were not able to go with the installation of this in the first go and hence I think that by going with this way you will be able to have the installation in the very first attempt here. Please try for this and let me know if you were successful with this here.
Old 12-12-2010

I am also of the same opinion and I think that you should be able to have the installation here without any difficulty. Well go to the official site of the Ubuntu you will be able to see the download link for the Ubuntu. Just click on that link and you will be able to have the latest one in your pocket here. Let me tell you one thing regarding the Ubuntu that you should have the software from the trusted source and if you are having any issue with this then I would suggest you to go for the download again and then again give this a try here. Well I would also love to see you this time getting the installation done here in the very first attempt. Please let me know if you succeeded.
Old 12-12-2010

The Ubuntu 10.10 is out here and I will guide some of the new users who do not know how to install the Ubuntu on their system. Well the only thing that I want to say is that if you want to have the Ubuntu here then you will be require to install the Ubuntu Live CD or USB. You can download the iso file of the Ubuntu and you will be required to mount that here and then run the usb-creator.exe. If at all you want to boot using the USB then you will be required to enter the BIOS boot and for that you will be required to deploy special key for that and after that selection you will have to choose to boot from USB. Now when the Option Screen will show it here then you will be required to select the Install Ubuntu option. Now after that you will have to specify the Partition in which you want to install the Ubuntu and that will help in installing the Ubuntu in that particular partition there. Let me tell you that if you go in this manner then you will have the installation getting completed in 10 minutes. Well enjoy the installation and after restart you will be able to enjoy the Ubuntu as well. I will be happy if you could get it in this manner.
Old 12-12-2010

It is not like that if you do not have the Windows then you will not be able to have the Ubuntu 10.10 on it but the thing is that if you would have that done in this manner then you could have done the installation here with much ease. You could have enjoyed the Ubuntu 10.10 within the Windows itself here. In the Windows you can have the Ubuntu 10.10 as an application. Well I think that would have been really easy and fully feasible here. All that you would have to do is download the iso file here and then mount it. When the mounting of the .iso file is done you will be required to run the wubi.exe. After that you will have to allocate the Disk Space for the Ubuntu and along with that you will be required to specify the Drive in which you want to have this. Then you will be required to enter the Adminstrator Password and then Reboot. After the reboot you will be able to see that the installation will start and after the installation end successfully you will have the Ubuntu 10.10 for you.
Old 13-12-2010

Well the thing is that I did not have the Windows and I just wanted to know if I can have the Ubuntu here without any difficulty here. Well now I now that I can have the Ubuntu without the Windows and will give this a try. I have also heard that if ordered we can have the CD for the Open Source Operating System for free and I think that it will be best to go with. Well please tell me about this as well. On the other hand if I do not find Ubuntu of my business then I will try for the other way that you have suggested here. By the way thanks for the suggestions that you all came up with here.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,